1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What's the most unique MMORPG you've played?

Discussion in 'Best and Worst Games' started by Milai, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    When I think of no elves I think Neocron:rifle: Neocron has fps combat with a cyberpunk flavor.

2. lovemehateme

lovemehateme Little Spike

Credit:
    for me unique games i played are..

rose online (you can have a car and you can buy backseat for that.. other players even made it a job like a taxi cab to be able to gain in-game money which is until now i have never seen in other mmorpg games ^_^)
    flyff (you can fly using broomsticks and skateboard and recently i heard that you can fly if you have wings.. how cute..)
    atlantica (you can hire mercenaries and have them battle with you it's like you already have 1 party.. and also the turn based battle system is really amazing.. in most mmo games you have to be strong and have good equipments here you also need to choose the mercenaries that you will hire and use which is really challenging and amazing..)
    pangya (has good graphics and close to really like playing golf.. which is really fascinating..)

3. Elfen

Elfen Stuck in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    Mabinogi because there's a ton of stuff to do.

4. mikecross666

mikecross666 Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    the most unique MMO i played was Wonder king and Atlantica Online

why Wonder king because this is the first time i played MMO that is much like Super Mario a sidescrolling game

why Atlantica online because of the concept of turn based fighting system i like that alot.

5. johnalex10

johnalex10 Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    Flyff is definatly unique due to how diverse your character can be, and the amount of abilities dungeons etc. in the game. Twelve Sky 2 is also unique as at a high level the money making system revolves around PVP wars, as does your exp, whilst in others its all about grinding. As for runescape and mabinogi, allthough i love them both, they are too much like other games in their quest and skill systems. Finally, the most unique game in the universe is one of the oldest - Tibia. It have 2d graphics, a very low quality fight system and players from all around the world, but it still atracts the attention of millions of people due to the fact that its so social, and so strangely fun to play :p

6. PortalCut

PortalCut Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    PANGYA!!

C'mon! It's an MMO about GOLF!! (oh wait, do you mean just MMORPGs?)

Anyway, I also like Aika online. The graphics are amazing, but they were designed to be very simple. Because of that, there is barely any lag when you're in war against hundreds of other players.

7. darkmeiser

darkmeiser Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    For now this one:
    Uncharted Waters Online - i was amaze on the quest they have.
    Fantasy Online (fb) - this is the first time I saw a game character that will start with no clothes..>_<

8. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Lately? Champions online, RoM, Soul Master, and about to be Lego Universe.

9. funnygamer

funnygamer Clubbed

Credit:
    Atlantica Online is definitely unique. It's good that my first mmo experience is from Atlantica. I think it's the only one with a turn-based battle system. The quest is also chronological and gives you good experience, making it easy to level up without grinding too much.

Aika Global is also unique in my opinion. I really like the Pran system. They're cute too. Although Prius has something similar, I still prefer the prans. Also, Aika is the ONLY one capable of handling 1000vs1000 warfare! Now that's truly an MMO! :)

Speaking of which, it's Aika Global's OBT today! Too bad I can't play as of the moment since I'm at work. But I'm definitely going to play later. Woohoo!

10. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Yeah, I know Aika's popular.

Mabinogi is another unique game, along with Imagine Online witch shares the same combat mechanics and has a special demon ally system and a real deep story your character really gets involved in.

Mabinogi has a sorta rock, papers, scissors style of combat. Attacks can be countered, blocked, have different effects, and so on. There's no classes, either, and no level limitations on most gear, though I doesn't mean you can easily get a uber weapon.

The game also (if I remember correctly) has music composing and playing, cooking, farming, homes, mounts, pets, tailoring, mining, other crafting things, a large world, and it also has it's own deep story and back story in which you can get involved in or choose not to.

The only downfall to the game is moving requires clicking (but combat isn't boring because of it like in most games), the graphics are a bit choppy compared to the graphics on most new MMORPGs, it's hosted by nexon, and for some reason, the game felt hard and complicated to me. It's not like it wasn't playable, but I felt like I was at a loss.

Anyways, it's worth trying. It's got a game that's either a sequel or a prequel called Mabinogi Heroes which is called Vindicus (or something like that) in NA, but it looks like it's another incredible yet limited highly graphiced and great playing action MMO that's much darker and edgier, bloodier and gorier than Mabinogi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.