1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

why do you think some people have quit playing AQ3D ?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by a, Mar 4, 2018.

1. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i know some players who have quit playing aq3D coz of slow updates, and i have also come across someone who quit due to lack of inventory space.
    do u guys know any players quiting the game for any reason?
    comment below and suggest improvements too

Wilder94 and CanineAQ3D like this.
  2. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I think they are busy in real life or got bored of it due to yeah "slow/delay updates". Not totally they quit (for what i know some of my friend in game) they just log in only for the new update of the game.

3. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Mainly because the updates and the progress of the game is currently very slow.

4. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I think with the introduction of daily quests they cn minimize this. But still, their team is pretty small to handle regular updates to keep people occupied. Pvp and ingame guilds might solve his.

5. codelance

codelance Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    lack of things to do? you easily run out of them if you dont include hunting for rare items.

Wilder94, CuriousLeun and CanineAQ3D like this.
  6. I would say part of the reason is that, even though the game is still in Open Beta, there's still a lot of missing elements that a lot of players have anticipated to see for some time. I'd say another reason is story development (full of typos sometimes and not always the most thrilling), and another reason is there's not much to do after completing a story, at least for a lot of older releases.

Wilder94 and CanineAQ3D like this.
  7. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I think the Game Plan / survey came at the right time because I feel like a lot of people were losing hope with AQ3D's progress, now that we have a better idea of how things are going I think this will help moving forward.

8. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    they don't get into the community as deep

9. Setsou

Setsou Brute

Credit:
    Well i saw one player quit cause he can't buy the cool items like on the Dage birthday. But some just stop playing cause they're busy at the school.

10. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    We do get busy. I tend to see some old players just comin back everynow and then so i think at least half of the player that "quit" are just takin a break.

CuriousLeun likes this.
  11. Patodactyl

Patodactyl Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    there isn't enough to do, plain and simple. max level is only 20 right now after all. i don't think it helps that it's mobile either so they can't really implement long dungeons since usually people who play on mobile don't have the time, otherwise they'd be on their PC or something. Like on the train or lunch break, etc. Maybe it'd be fun as optional content though, longer dungeons (like the one in the story) would be fun to grind with decent loot (and with an ECONOMY from an auction house especially)

12. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I think a daily login reward system could give people a incentive to login every day, instead of only logging in when there's a new update. With AQW it's fine because there's new releases every week but since updates on AQ3D take more time, a login reward system may be needed.

13. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yeah ... i think they should put a bit more effort into rethinking the combat system ... adding more skills to use ... and then pvp :)

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  14. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    As others have pointed out, it's very simple. A lot of hype was created during the kickstarter. When the game first came out, the mage class had a skill called mana shield. This skill was significant because it allowed you to put a defensive shield around another player. It was a single skill, but it helped people work in teams and already got people excited and working together. I myself enjoyed alpha and pre beta the most, why? Because even with all the bugs and almost nothing to do, players needed one another to farm and therefore nobody really had the time to fight or act superior.

Now that crafting got implemented, a lot of cool drops got replaced with crafting materials, you can easily get an aqw's feel in game. There's still areas where players help others, but when I was a lvl3 player returning to the game, nobody wanted to help me. In fact a group of players stood and bragged in yulgar with how they were max level and the items they had. I can write a book currently on why people would potentially quit, but I'll try being positive for once and saying, maybe there's a chance this turns around, stranger things have happened.

Gamma001 likes this.
  15. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I definitely agree that Alpha and Pre-Beta were better. People were more helpful and the class-switching bug existed (you could switch classes to gain back your health). Also, Smash Mash the Trolluk existed.

Sadly, most people AFK nowadays. So, people aren't that helpful.

16. Maelious

Credit:
    I only play AQ3D to collect items ... good enough for me at the moment ...

I'd hoping that it will be much more before it leaves Beta

17. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I think those who "quit" aq3d .. Didn't really quit XD bcuz I knew some players dat said I quit . then comeback in a year or so

18. Maelious

Credit:
    Maybe they've quit playing consistently

19. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    They are not wuiting aq3d, they are quiting aqw and moving to aq3d lol

20. VJMaxZero

VJMaxZero Lord of Evil Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Some reasons maybe because they cannot be bought a heromart item to get cool stuff or maybe its to expensive or something else