1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Wikia updates how unregistered users Search

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Drama, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:

Basically Registering has a point now....you get quicker, faster searches that lead you directly to the page.

Personally I dislike logging into wikias. I know they are all bound by the same account, but I just dislike logging in and having my account logged in when I know I'm not going to edit something.

Also, this increased Wikia's revenue by about 6%

Many people are ticked about it.

2. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    This is painful. If I type in the name of an object in a game or something, I want information on that thing, not on some other sword or whatever.

Just adds onto the piles of things I dislike about Wikia. Ever since the incident with the NetHack wiki (their site moved on to its own domain, but Wikia refused to let them delete the Wikia wiki, and it took them a VERY long time to show up higher in Google than the outdated Wikia wiki), I have housed a bad dislike for Wikia and their site.

3. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    It just makes it a bother for me really.

Search what I want -> Search page "Showing results from: _____ Wiki" -> Click on what you want. It's clicking one thing but when you want to look up one thing that is better than another or something that is connected to someone/something else in a game it really adds up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.