1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 15 posts. Once you have the 15 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Will AQ3D end up with the same fate as other AE games?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. AdventureQuest 3D Heroes

Credit:
    I've noticed some recurring themes with game development for Artix Entertainment. After the success of AdventureQuest Worlds, they've released a handful of games that would later be abandoned.

For instance, in 2010, HeroSmash was released and would later lack updates as time progressed. This game's never had much public attention outside of the AE community, and never went Live, but it did have a strong community up until updates slowly died.

Then there was OverSoul released in 2012 which also had the same fate as HeroSmash, also not making it to its Live release, though it holds a strong community to this day.

Another notable abandoned Artix Entertainment game is BladeHaven 3D (BladeHaven: Dragon's Bane) which was being developed in 2013 for mobile, but was cancelled in favor of AdventureQuest 3D.

What do you think about AdventureQuest 3D itself? Do you think it'll fall in the fate of these other games? Do you think the developers will persevere and continue progress until the game at the very least gets pushed to Live release? What do you think of AQ3D in respect to some of Artix Entertainment's other games?

2. Pink afro#8784

Pink afro#8784 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I really hope it doesnt I enjoy aq3d every day

3. Snowy

Credit:
    I think a lot of people hope that as well, but nothing lasts forever. I respect the developers for giving us a platform, but a lot of people feel excluded like AE is influencing its community rather than having the community influence itself. It's sort of dividing the community and creating a more toxic environment on two different sides. I really think the flow of the community will determine the success of the game, but I don't want to put my optimism too high.

Pink afro#8784 likes this.
  4. Pink afro#8784

Pink afro#8784 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I t
    I Think the servers are getting more people in them more people play now then 2 3 years ago I have hope for aq3d

5. Snowy

Credit:
    I believe they recently removed all of the offline servers (Green Dragon, Hidden Dragon, etc.) from the server list; they were never put into use though. As for server population, it's been constant (averaging around 1.2k). I think the population might be more than Alpha and Pre-Beta's population though, considering the early days on AQ3D didn't really have much to do. Don't know for sure since the AE's Server List API wasn't being used back then, but it definitely felt like less players back then.

6. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Ugh, this is the worst topic for me to comment on, I have so much to say and none of it's good. But I'll try to be more positive. I think with stuff like mechquest AE as an indie company meant well, just didn't have the punch as far as finances and resources go. That being said though, I started playing AE games 2006ish and the decay in their games started happening not long after tbh. AE as you've pointed out, have always survived because AE supporters are diehard. There might not be many of us, but we've always supported, and not just talk, we put our money where our mouth is.

Problem is, AE stopped being AE. It started with the finer details, the forum would host regular contests where you could win items. The original adventure quest used to have so many wars in which unique boss items would become available. There were active communities and a drive. AE did all of this without fancy graphics and with fiercely loyal support. Adam bohn (artix) started becoming less and less involved. They started hiring people that worked on their original game without getting payed for it. These people policed the forum like it was communist russia or something.

Honestly, I was once one of those diehard fans. Yes, as a teenager I was banned from their forum. I spoke out against many of the changes that were taking place but did so in a very crude and unruly manner. Then AE started acting like the mobile games and the times made it harder for them, which is a load of bull. I'm not saying it had 0 bearing, but their games dying and many people leaving have a lot do with their attitude as a company. It went rotten from the top and slowly trickled down, just look at that player that spoke out about being abused as a volunteer. During the aq3d kickstarter, Adam tried silencing this guy (Ashendal). And when that didn't work, he pretended to be all nice and settle it outside the forum in private.

Adam bohn is a pretentious dude, honestly. You can tell they have that other poor girl working overtime to promote their videos. She looks so over it, I feel for her. But a job is a job. AQ3D and the way Cysero openly talks to customers is the ugly truth about this company at present. They don't care anymore, they're simply riding out their last loyal people for their dollars and seeing how far the ship will go before they get off and leave it to sink.

7. Cherif ahmed

Cherif ahmed DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    to answer your question simply watch how ppl now play aq/aq/df
    and that would mean bots. alot of bots will be created for aq3d once its live
    most ppl will simply be burned off the grind because the game IS a grindfest ( dont tell me otherwise pls )

8. Snowy

Credit:
    That's the culture of humanity. Humans have lives to attend to, and don't possess the everyday convenience to play one game for an entire grind session. When I play AQ3D to grind for stuff, I find myself having to sacrifice time doing other things (like playing other games that I would probably play and outdoor activities) just to keep up with the pace, especially on release days. After release day, there tends to be less players which means grinding takes longer, and that is one of the biggest issues AQ3D faces, especially with its low player count.

And especially for the mobile gaming industry, most of the successful games tend to not consume you, or at least try to innovate in an appealing manner... games like Flappy Bird, Angry Birds, Pokémon GO, and Candy Crush. Then there are mobile games plagued with gacha mechanics that milk cash from consumers or attempt to hop on the trend and clone-games that mimic successful games.

Anyway, to me, I see AQ3D as a game that's following old, outdated MMORPG standards, especially considering that AQ3D developers have high regards to MMORPGs like World of Warcraft. For a PC game, I think that's average, but for a mobile game, it just doesn't adapt to modern times. In retrospect, the Diablo Immortal trailer taught a lesson about bringing a PC experience to mobile, that you won't get a positive reception.