1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Wyvern discussion

Discussion in 'DotA' started by Mikasa Ackerman, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Mikasa Ackerman

Mikasa Ackerman MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    Winter Wyvern made her first official Dota 2 appearance in the New Bloom trailer "The Coming of the Year Beast" which was showcased the first time after the finals of the Dota 2 Asia Championship 2015 on the 9th of February 2015. The trailer video was later posted on the official Dota2 blog as part 1 of the New Bloom event.

Abilities

[​IMG] Arctic burn Winter Wyvern soars upon an arctic wind, granting her unobstructed movement and allowing her to exhale a blistering chill into each attack. While soaring, her attacks travel further and faster, and slow enemies with a burning freeze that strips them of 6% of their current health each second. Her sight is also hardened against night's chill, granting her 400 additional vision range at night while soaring.

[​IMG] Splinter blast Launches a ball of brittle ice towards an enemy. The ice shatters on impact, leaving the primary target completely unaffected, while hurling damaging splinters into nearby enemies in a 500 radius. Enemies struck by these splinters are slowed by 25%.

[​IMG] Cold embrace Encases an ally in an icy cocoon, freezing them solid while healing a base amount as well as a percentage of their maximum health each second. The cocoon blocks all physical damage.

[​IMG] Winter's curse Winter Wyvern freezes an enemy in place while striking those nearby with a maddening curse which causes them to attack their frozen ally.

Recommended items

[​IMG]
    Starting items:

• Tango and Salve are useful in the laning stage to deal with harassment.
    • Clarity provides a way to regenerate mana early on in order to cast more spells.

Early game:

• Orb of Venom stacks with Arctic Burn which can be a good way to harass enemies in lane.

Core items:
    • Urn of Shadows provides a way to increase the healing together with Cold Embrace.
    • Medallion of Courage can be helpful to quickly bring down the target of Winter's Curse, while the self armor reduction can be avoided with Cold Embrace or Arctic Burn's free pathing.

Situational items:
    • Scythe of Vyse grants a powerful disable as well as plenty of mana regeneration.

[​IMG]
    "Some breathe fire. I breathe ice."-Auroth, the Winter Wyvern

Source

2. axwellshm

axwellshm Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    I think it will be a really good hero. Thanks for info!

3. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
  4. Sle91

Sle91 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It won't necessarily be played as support. Think she can be decent in mid lane too. :)

5. Welcomerik

Welcomerik MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    He is at the moment the most played support,so he is really good. :)

6. paksupro4

paksupro4 Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    He is so good here and i love it ... He is not played just as supp , he is played on mid too :)

7. Awen Blade

Awen Blade King of Bananas The Pit

Credit:
    Hahahaha!!! I go leave Game when i used this hero... i really dont know how to use it.. while my friend was a really pro.. he used invo while im winter.. hahhaa!!!! its really a bad memory.. :p

8. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    Wow. That's an interesting plot twist there...

Auroth the winter wyvern is a female!
    And she likes to write more than to fight. Write history, poetry, literary works! She collects books and other materials on raids. When they win battles, she thinks of it as "a side effect" of her research only.. :O

Share your thoughts~