1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Wizard 101

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by Pug1, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pug1

Pug1 Brute

Credit:
    Who plays Wizard 101? what type of wizard are you?

2. Fergal

Fergal BamBam

Credit:
    I played this before and on my first account I was fire, but I skipped the test in my second account and went with Storm, which has great attack force although not the greatest defence! I stopped playing for a simple reason, membership! I didnt get membership and I couldnt get on with the game, all I could do was kill (mainly Field Guards and Kraken), I had one of those flying pigs as my first pet, then I got a Dragon (me thinking it would grow big and be able to fly on it, like I have seen, lol they were mounts). I kinda miss Wizard101 in a way!

3. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Lol I was bored and decided to search the Forums. I found talk on Wizard 101.

I been playing this with my Neice. Well shes young so its kinda my wizard and it is her avatar. We went Storm for a primary, and Life for a secondary, and I can tell you this game is actualy kinda cool.

What stinks about it is yes, there is a membership and a Item mall. The membership is not that bad because you can pay for a subscription with a game card, and these cards are found in just about every single store.

We picked Storm for a primary because her favorite color is purple. She also had me buy some crowns for her so she can get the storm dog pet. The only problem with storm school is since the spell cards you can use do a lot of damage with one hit, you tend to Fizzle on a cast more often then other schools do.

It is a must try, there is a free trial, the game is japanimation, and very colorful, The graphics are kinda cartoony but it is worth the small download for something to do on a rainy day.

4. Xavator

Xavator Clubbed For Multiple Accounts

Credit:
    never played before. What's the game like?

EDIT: Google is your best friend =P

5. Victrolla

Victrolla Big Brute

Credit:
    I recently had my 2 year anniversary playing Wizard101 (since Beta). I have played a lot (a lot!) of betas and Wizard101 is the only game I return to. Battles are never the same. The game can be played by hard core gamers and new gamers ... there is an area for everyone. You have to pay a monthly fee and buy this and that ... it definitely isn't free (though advertised as free). It is limited free to pay.

I can't play games that involve a lot of keying. Wizard101 is the easiest game to play for anyone with motion restriction or arthritis. The humor is fantastic. The graphics are beautiful. You can do the quests; farm for pets or accessories; and/or try to achieve all the badges. KingsIsle introduces new spells and areas periodically so there is always something new. The fansites are wonderful. There is even an online radio program that does live streaming of battles.

Wizard101 is a game for all ages. The wizard battling next to you might be the little old lady from Pasadena or a tween.

6. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    i just started playing, chatting= annoying, not being able to skip dialogue=annoying if you can please inform me.

im a fire mage as far as ik

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
  7. Victrolla

Victrolla Big Brute

Credit:
    I know what you mean. Always go to a realm labeled Perfect so it isn't as crowded. Look on right side and see Options (looks like a brown gear) click on that then look at top and click on Privacy Options and then change the
    chat balloons and chat menu. I always have my trade option off as well. The higher your level the more that new wizards want to trade.

When you are in a very crowded area, you can turn off the overhead names. That is overwhelming especially with the pets having their name and age stats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.