1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

World Cyber Games sponsored by Samsung – UK tournament open for all to enter

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by GameOgreVideos, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd today announces its sponsorship of the World Cyber Games (WCG) and details of its UK specific tournaments. Gamers are invited to take part in the WCG UK tournaments, this year held at the Insomnia 43 Gaming Festival, dubbed i43, in August, and Eurogamer Expo in September.

i43 plays host to the PC gaming tournaments of the WCG and will run from 26th-29th August at the International Centre, Telford. The titles featured are amongst the most popular and challenging games including League of Legends, StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ and FIFA 11.

Eurogamer Expo will host the console tournament, featuring beat ‘em up favourite Tekken 6, and the PC final of FIFA 11. The Expo runs from 22nd-25th September at Earls Court, London. Samsung will be showcasing its range of products that give a truly immersive and enriched gaming experience on its stands at the events.

Open to everyone, the WCG tournament qualifiers will be held over the duration of both events. The finals for League of Legends and StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ will be held on the last day of i43, and the FIFA 11 and Tekken 6 finals will take place at the close of the Eurogamer Expo on 25th September. The full tournament schedule is as follows:

i43 (26th–29th August)

League of Legends

· Qualifiers – 27th August 2011

· Final – 28th August 2011

StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™

· Qualifiers – 26th August 2011

· Final – 28th August 2011

FIFA 11.

· Qualifiers – 27th August 2011

Eurogamer Expo (22nd–25th September)

Tekken 6

· Qualifiers – 22nd, 23rd, 24th & 25th September 2011

· Final – 25th September 2011

FIFA 11

· Final – 25th September 2011

Eight winners will form the UK WCG 2011 team, taking on the best of the rest of Europe in Poland for the European Final held in Warsaw 6th–9th October. Team UK will then go on to the World Finals held in Korea in December to battle it out for the WCG 2011 Champions title.

The Samsung stand at Eurogamer Expo will showcase the gaming capability of specific products as well as demo how their integration offers the ultimate gaming experience, whether playing from home or on the move. Visitors can experience: Samsung’s 7 and 8 Series televisions, which deliver outstanding 2D and 3D pictures; 3D gaming notebooks; Series 7 and 9 computer monitors, which combine cutting-edge design, 3D gaming and HDTV; Mobile devices such as the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy SII plus a vast number of games.

2. zacker150

zacker150 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    i wish i lived in the uk right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.