1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Would you mind to see more rare items in the game?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Metaqrion, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    As you know, the game has so many hard to obtain items (rares) in the current situation. And generally with every medium update, another one is being added. Do you like it or no, would you mind to see more, would you continue to farm them?

2. I think we need a trade system in the game before more hard-to-obtain items are considered, but for now, I think the primary focus for the game should be creating a cohesive storyline and figuring out what the plot of the game actually is, which is still something the game has struggled to finalize for years now. Hard-to-obtain items are generally added in RPG-style games as post-story content, so it's a bit absurd to focus on that over other priorities. And besides, oversaturating the game with hard-to-obtain items isn't a solution for adding more content to the game; as much as it's a timewaster to keep players busy, in actuality, it dissuades the majority of players from farming for those particular items because content that involves farming for hard-to-obtain items only favor a small group of players. And the game is available on mobile devices, so accessibility to gameplay is another important factor to consider for the mobile demographic.

3. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Yes, there are still lack of content on the main storyline. In addition to this, this game needs an economy just like you said. Even this can revive the game for a long time.

4. The trade element would have a large outreach for gameplay beyond just hard-to-obtain items, because it'll give players more option on how they decide to play the game. Maybe a player doesn't like farming for a certain item in a certain area, but someone else is willing to trade that certain item for an item that you own, and that just makes the game a lot more cohesive, choice-driven and convenient; especially in the case where the player has an excess of resources (and they don't want to delete them), the player could just trade that excess for any other resource they need. And with daily quests rewarding limited quantity of craft items, a trade system would be explosive for the diversity of gameplay and would cut down all of the waiting and mundane grinding. It's more than what's needed to revive the game; it's what makes the game flow dynamically.

Metaqrion likes this.
  5. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Even thinking about that makes me excited, I really wonder when trade system is going to be released. I also wonder what is the logic of trade skills which starts with fishing.

6. I don't find fishing to be special at all. To me, it's nothing more than just an unpolished "mini-game" with its own set of craft items by using different fish as resources, and it's comparable to obtaining other resources to craft certain items. Maybe the only difference is that fishing expands to a handful of water-specific areas rather than just one specific area, but there are other resources that are similar in nature. To me, fishing is as generic as crafting three different resources into a whole new item, and it just doesn't entice me to believe that it'll mean anything more significant for a trade system than the hundreds of other craft resources that exist in the game. When a trade system comes out, people want to be able to trade all sorts of things without major restrictions, especially anything that relates to hard-to-obtain items since those would be more sought out.