1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

WTF?! WoW inspired Flash based RPG (and yes that is actually the name of it, no kidding)

Discussion in 'Browser Games' started by Heromanguy12, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Well here is another WoW Parody game that is named WTF?! (yep, you are reading this correctly) which is part of RPG genre of games. It was made by players of WoW going by the names Aoedipus and Skyhamma and it was made in 2008 i believe and game itself was built in Flash using Adobe Air.

This is description of the game:
    "Scenario: The time/space continuum of Azimuth has enfolded. A Rift Lord's unwittingly opened a portal from the earthly netherworld, and the place is crawling with infamous historical thinkers, like Karl Marx, Sigmund Freud, and Mary Daly, each of whom is trying to enlist your help in effort to figure out WTF Azimuth is all about. And... as you might imagine, there's plenty of conflict as they attempt to make sense of the ways in which, as Mary Daly puts it, "the game naturalizes a Western militaristic heterosexist hypersexualized patriarchal capitalism, played out in relation to a spiritually infused race war - kinda."

"It's an ideological revolt, or perhaps it's just ideologically revolting. Something is definitely afoot. You must choose whom to align with as competing factions attempt to find the means to wrest control of Azimuth away from whomever, or whatever, currently holds power. Think WoW meets social theory meets game studies meets, well... tabloid journalism... since you also dig up plenty of dirt about some of these characters along the way. Woot!"

Yep it is kinda weird scenario but i enjoyed playing it and no i didn't take the "story" of the game that seriously and just enjoyed the gameplay.

Combat happens in real time (for example you can dodge your enemies attacks and avoid damage completely when you time your dodges correctly).

I used to play this a lot when i was younger and i didn't understand as much about English as i do now.

If you want to try it here is a link to the website.
    Want to straight to the action? Direct link to the game right here.
    And also don't forget to check tutorials for the game at the website, they are quite handy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Very neat game; it does bear a lot resemblance to World of Warcraft, but it is in no way a replacement for World of Warcraft.

3. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The title matches perfectly with how i feel about this game.

4. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Wtf ! Nice game lelwl