1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One Gets OG Xbox Backwards Compatibility This Fall

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by Aaddron, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    During the Xbox Press Conference today Xbox announced they will be expanding the Xbox Backwards Compatibly program to Original Xbox games. It's expected to be a roll out much like how 360 has gone with games added over time. Only a few games have been confirmed (most notably Crimson Skies) at this time so we'll have to wait for now before we have any real idea how many to expect and how it will all work.

Since OG Xbox didn't have digital titles no games will automatically appear on your account, however it has been confirmed OG Xbox Discs will work. They've also confirmed LAN play will be possible between Xbox One's and even back to 360 and OG Xbox itself. Yes, that's right. You can LAN play an OG Xbox, 360 and a Xbox One together.

They've also teased some surprises to come in terms of performance and visuals... I dare say possibly multiplayer. So we'll see.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Ok this is really great, I still have a few OG Xbox game discs that I'd love to jump back into since my 360 stopped reading discs. Hopefully they will make the list of supported games! My current wish list is Morrowind, Battlefront 2, Knights of the Old Republic 1&2, Shenmue 2, Jade Dynasty, Mech Assault 1&2 and ESPN NFL 2k5.