1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another new member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tariel, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tariel

Tariel Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I originally came here because I wanted to review a certain game, but I noticed that apparently the page doesn't recognize I'm logged in and there is no button to post a review. If I try to click on the log in link, it gives an error message but shows that I'm actually still logged in. Also the login through Facebook app doesn't work, so I had to create an account.

I'm a 31 year old woman who has been playing browser based games at least ever since 2003. The first game I played for a considerable time was RaceWarKingdoms, but I got tired of the grind and wanted to find something more meaningful.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2016
  2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Welcome to the forums :) Your talking about trying to review here right? Directory Archives

Will notify the peeps who can look into this. Sorry you are having issues.

3. Grawl

Grawl MLG King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Welcome to the forums :)

4. Volnus

Volnus Developer New Ogre

Credit:
    Hello Tariel, I am sorry you had this bug and I can say that there are likely some issues and they are fixed as they appear. The Review Directory is a hot topic as it is something that has been apart of GameOgre for years. There are plans for us to fix this however, it all takes time. I am glad though that you gave this comment while the forum facebook, twitter, and steam were working in my testing I found the G+ login was buggy.

If you have any issues or need any help feel free to inbox me directly and we can sort them out as they arise.

- Volnus

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Sending you a PM to help:).

Also, would help to know what area you are referring to as we are a very large site with different areas. Was it here on the forum or on the main site at GameOgre.com? A link would also help:).

6. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Welcome to the forums :)

7. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Welcome :)
    Read this, it will help u, small GUIDE for forum

8. Tariel

Credit:
    I don't care so much about earning points. I just want to talk about games.

9. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yea i read it, and you are on right place for that :)
    I just like to place this for all new members just in case that some1 need it ;)

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Good to hear, Tariel:).

What games are you interested in?

11. Tariel

Credit:
    I replied to your pm but I will write it here as well, so others can see it. I mainly play Cantr II and I have played it since 2004. However, I have grown increasingly frustrated with it and I'm planning to quit in January once I get my characters' story lines finished. I like games that have trading, exploring and role playing.

I also like the thought of having families and children in a game, but I haven't managed to find one yet that would implement that well. The only one I know is Faerytale online, and it just doesn't work. People have to wait for ages to be born, and a lot of people lose interest, leading into mindless bodies being fed by frustrated parents. It would be better if new players could start out as adults to try the game out without limitations and children were only played by dedicated long term players who already know what to expect from the game, so they won't get frustrated and quit.

I'm currently working on my own text-based browser game, but it's unlikely I will ever finish it. Currently it only has the travel system, chat system, character list and object type creator. I've also made maps of where resources are found, but entering them into the database takes a lot of work because there's over a 100 different kinds. One thing that has always frustrated me about Cantr is the very low amount of different fruit and vegetables, so my game has a whole bunch of them, pretty much everything that can be commonly found in the wild. I even researched some area specific plants that I hadn't heard of until now. My islands are based on real world places and I tend to have only resources that are native to the source region, but I have had to relax the rules a bit because some small islands started having dozens of resources, while the continent based on Africa was rather barren. I'm rambling a bit now.

I'm generally more suspicious of new games than I was when I was younger. Years back I used to join a lot of games and try them out, then quit if I lost interest. I think a game needs some multiplayer/social aspects, because I played some game that was basically single player, player vs environment, and I just didn't find it challenging enough. I also occasionally play Kingdom of Loathing, but it has gotten so complicated that I can't keep up with the new implementations anymore. Accounts no longer time out, but generally I only play during Crimbo season nowadays.

ogreman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.