1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 15 posts. Once you have the 15 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Your opinion on gambling in a game when not intended

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by Drama, Jun 30, 2012.

Runescape

What is your opinion on gamblers in a game when it is not intended?

  1. They should be banned

    6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. They should receive a punishment

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. They should receive a warning

    3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Nothing should happen to them

    3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Other

    3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Drama

    Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

    Messages:
    7,916
    Likes Received:
    299
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Credit:
    6,075.74
    This is a poll made for your guy's opinion on people gambling illegally/against the rules within a game.

    Some methods in the game may be intended, but other methods are not.

    Generally gambling with methods not intended is not looked kindly upon.

    So what is your opinion on these gamblers?


    Honestly, I think they should all be banned from the game for trying to take the easy way to make money and the game devs should remove the feature they use to gamble in the game.
     
  2. Kingsfield

    Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

    Messages:
    4,092
    Likes Received:
    269
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Credit:
    4,316.86
    Explain the idea of 'gambling against the rules in a game', how would some one do that? Can you give an example?
     
  3. Drama

    Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

    Messages:
    7,916
    Likes Received:
    299
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Credit:
    6,075.74
    Well in Runescape, players use items that have a random number generator attached and can be replicated to give the host an unfair advantage.

    For one, there is something called "Flowering hot/cold" which give the host of the game a 60% chance to win and 40% for the person that plays it.

    Another instance is when we had a dice bag which was removed from the game because players abused it. Players were hosting the game for 55% chance for the host and 45% chance for the player.

    Either way the player is at a disadvantage.


    But I'm not specifically talking just about RS, but it is a pretty big deal in RS atm.
     
  4. ufbre

    ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

    Messages:
    17,887
    Likes Received:
    273
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Credit:
    1,183.70
    They should be banned
     
  5. Mordekaiser

    Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

    Messages:
    28,425
    Likes Received:
    587
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Credit:
    47,854.84
    Nothing should happen to them
     
  6. Snowy

    Snowy Ogre Legend Royal Ogre
    1. AdventureQuest 3D Heroes

    Messages:
    5,957
    Likes Received:
    1,665
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Credit:
    244,328.71
    I'm not sure how much damage on certain games gambling would cause, so I would just say a warning. It all depends on what you're gambling, how you're abusing it, and how it affects people, so I honestly think punishments would vary.
     
  7. ugmsrocks09

    ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

    Messages:
    3,346
    Likes Received:
    1,488
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Credit:
    3,817.94
    Not surprised at the amount of people thinking banning is a good option. It's a better option compared to the others listed.
     
  8. Rex

    Rex Ogre Extraordinaire Royal Ogre

    Messages:
    3,890
    Likes Received:
    855
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Credit:
    105,548.79
    If it's not breaking their terms of service then I'd say it's fine but if it does then a ban would be a good idea but a warning should come first.
     
  9. Snowy

    Snowy Ogre Legend Royal Ogre
    1. AdventureQuest 3D Heroes

    Messages:
    5,957
    Likes Received:
    1,665
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Credit:
    244,328.71
    Well, if gambling involves real money, then I'd say that's pretty ban-worthy, at least if a game says gambling isn't allowed. I do think it'd be pretty hard to track down people who do gamble, especially on big games.
     

Share This Page