SEGA of America, Inc. announced it will be publishing Spiral Knights, a multiplayer online action adventure game created by noted online game developer Three Rings. Launching later this spring, this free-to-play title offers classic, console-style adventuring in a persistent online world. Players can go it alone or join with up to four friends to unravel the hidden secrets of the ever-changing world of the Clockworks.
“Based on our experience with titles like Puzzle Pirates, as well as fond memories of dreaming up new games when we were kids, we have built an instantly accessible, action-packed world that appeals to gamers of every type,” said Daniel James, CEO of Three Rings. “Spiral Knights skips the stereotypical level grind for a co-op adventure that is focused on fun gameplay above all else.”
Spiral Knights features:
- Constantly changing world brought to life in a vibrant, retro-inspired visual style
- Intuitive pick-up-and-play controls (including both mouse-only and gamepad control)
- Opportunities for players to create guilds, craft new gear, and customize the looks and abilities of their characters
- Easy matchmaking for co-op mayhem with parties of up to four players
- Gear and weapons upgradeable through adventuring or through the purchase of Crystal Energy
“Spiral Knights is a perfect mesh with SEGA’s ongoing strategy of providing enjoyable-yet-deep gameplay in an easily accessible format,” said Haruki Satomi, Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA of America. “The creative team at Three Rings has created a refreshingly unique online world with the kind of humor and immediate fun that we know our fans will enjoy.”
For more info, including a chance to sign up for a sneak preview of Spiral Knights, visit our official Spiral Knights Preview Key Giveaway.
View a trailer of Spiral Knights on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcDGIUDB0Xw