1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Bitcoins: Make money by generating cryptographic hashes.

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by quinn, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Did not know before, but Kit writes a lot about this:).

2. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The latest news I heard about bitcoins is that there was an arrest warrant out for the CEO of bitcoins. Apparently he is wanted for money laundering. Then after the arrest he was found dead. Police think it's a suicide.

3. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    still fluctuating a lot! Wanna claim again on how stable it is? ;)

btw quinn, if the value is determined by who buys it and how much is mined, then really the value of a bitcoin rises as more and more people buy it and put effort into mining it, from which only the prior people benefit from. Do you know what kind of business strategy also offers this kind benefits? ;)

Answer: Ponzi Scheme also known as a Pyramid Scheme

which is illegal for good reasons. I'm sure a lot of friends here from the Balkans, particularly Albania can warn you about the dangers of such a scheme. ;)

Seeing as how the CEO was arrested for money laundering and let me put this metaphorically to you. Doesn't even a single warning light pop up in your head by now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.