1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

LoL Tournament Reformation (Suggestion)

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by Croco12, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    OLD RULES:
    Tournament will start when we get 16 or 8 players
    To apply just post here that you want join and write your summoner name

Tournament last maximum of 6 days, and start Tuesday
    Everyone must play at least one game during the first three days of the start of the tournament (usually till Thursdays at 00:00)
    Sunday as last day, day only for semifinal (during day) and Finale on the evening.

Any one who breaks the rules or tries to delay the tournament( for no reason) will be DQed
    To join, simply post in this thread that u want to play, and write your summoner name

Requirements to Play:
    To be an active member of forum

We will also have lists of substitutions, subs will enter in tournament if some1 from participants leaves or if we had lack of players

All games will be played on EU servers.

Tournament Rules:
    Game mode: 1v1 on the Howling Abyss map (remade version of the Proving Grounds)
    Pick mode: Blind Pick
    Finals will be best of 3
    , rest of games will be single win elimination
    Any kind of disagreements will be settled by @ogreman. You can record your matches to provide proof when needed.
    Third place will be determined by the overall winner. Simply, the one who loses to winner of tournament in the semi-finals will be placed third.

-by Brankomiljus20/Ogreman

Reformed rules:
    -EUNE Server(EUW/NA if there are people who play on these)
    -8 players
    -To join, you must be part of GameOgre Club or GameOgre Chatroom(named GameOgre) and post your Summoner name in the Tournament Thread. You also have to be an active member, not just show up for day or two, sign up and then disappear.
    -After finishing a round, let others finish theirs. Each round should be played within 3 days. If not, player who didn't make it gets suspended for next 2 tournaments.
    -You must stay active on forums and follow Tournament Thread, so you know when does it start.
    -There can only be 2 subs: Tournament Leader(Brankomiljus20) and someone who thinks he might not be able to play, but can swap with inactive member.
    -the person who destroys enemy nexus.(default)
    -the person who take first blood/100 minions/1st turret.(if both players agree)
    Games are single elimination, finals are best of 3.
    Using masteries is allowed!**
    Using runes is not allowed. Getting caught in using runes means you get suspended for 5 next tournaments and DQed from the current one.***
    Only champions from Free Champion Rotation are allowed, unless both players agree to play any champion. If so, they are suppose to play Draft Pick!
    Any kind of disagreements will be settled by @ogreman. You can record your matches to provide proof when needed. Third place will be determined by the overall winner. Simply, the one who loses to winner of tournament in the semi-finals will be placed third.

*Doing camps is allowed, but farming/attacking turrets on Top Lane or Bot Lane or placing ZZ'Rot/Banner of Command on those minions DQs you from current tournament. Invading enemy jungle is allowed.
    **Most of the champions are useless without masteries. Rule that prevents participants to use masteries was OK before, but now that there are Keystone masteries no.
    ***Removing runes for some balance, just in case. Masteries are enough, I think. Check OP.GG(or other) to check is your enemy using any kind of runes. Screenshot and post in the Tournament thread if he/she is.

LTKillerL likes this.
  2. Croco12

1. TSM

Credit:
    So, guys what do you think? This is just a suggestion, not official rules and they can be changed. If you, too, have a suggestion, please post below and we will discuss it. Current tournament should be ended by offical rules which I, unfortunately, can't join, because I don't even play League as much, but I should join the next one.

Thanks for patience.

LTKillerL likes this.
  3. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    We were talking about something like this years ago

This would be really bad on SRift, because who ever takes 1st blood will be on huge advantage, gold and XP, thats why we games were played on Howling Abyss (dying is less punishable there), also since 1st blood turret gives so much gold, so who's minions destroy 1st turret will be on lead again, also since new changes, who ever destroy 1st turret on mid, will be on huge advantage because his minions will be stronger on other lanes.

For SRift this should be default, at least every1 plays like this, but this has to be recorded to avoid problems of cheating.

We removed runes and masteries for one reason, so every1 have same chances ti win. So if some1 who has account only on NA or different EU region has same chance to win as some1 who is lvl 30 on that region

This would be that main problem that i was taking about, unless some1 record or spectate, it could make problems

Overall, until Magma chamber (1v1 map) is released, i wouldn't change anything
    Rules arent problem, lack of players is

4. Croco12

1. TSM

Credit:
    Yeah getting first kill or turret makes you snowball pretty hard, but still offers enemy to have a chance to win, unlike 2nd option.

New statistic and replay system :)

I agree to removing runes, but not for Masteries. Masteries are now the ESSENCE of League of Legends and the game is unplayable/aintfun to play without 30 point(or at least 18) available. Also, most of tournament participants are level 30...

Replay system, item paths tracking, runes, masteries,... all provided by OP.GG

I will still play in Tournaments, when I find time and space, with old rules, but I am suggesting these to make games more fun and maybe faster. Also, League has changed a lot and Howling Abyss is so much different from Summoners Rift now. I would like to see people trade 1->3, not just get lvl 3 on the start of the game. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts :)

5. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It would be cool if they released magma chamber instead of aram, it's full of bots anyway, and mode is really borring.

6. Croco12

1. TSM

Credit:
    I mean... Magma Chamber was used for All-Star Event 3 years ago and I don't think Riot will add any more maps, since they even started deleting them. Maybe for RGM or something...
    The thing is, we don't need Magma Chamber for Tournaments. We need Howling Abyss with ability to recall and ward, like it used to be for Snowdown Showdown event which was, if I remember well, 2 years ago. Recalling, warding and using keystone masteries makes 1v1 Tournament more fun and requires more skill than just clashing with base stats and... you know...

7. NeSsQQuiCk

Credit:
    Well that is true, but recalling isn't allowed in 1v1s running back to base should be tho, like it was in magma chamber

8. whitepaper

whitepaper Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I haven't participated in any tournament yet, but i will in future, i think.
    I like your reformed rules, you spent your time for this, so i hope it will be effective.

9. Croco12

1. TSM

Credit:
    I actually didn't do much. Standard rules just a little bit tweaked. It isn't big deal, since tournament isn't big and is made just for fun, so... yeah :)

10. NeSsQQuiCk

Credit:
    In my opinion the best way we can change tournaments is by keeping all the rules except one, winner is one who gets 100cs, first turret or a kill rather than killing nexus

11. Croco12

1. TSM

Credit:
    You mean changing the winner rule or keep the nexus winner and taking these rules?

12. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Exactly they are Essence, and now imagine one with them and one without them, it will be huge diference, that rule is here since 1st tournament i think and i told ya reason for it.
    For me personally its same how do we play, i just want to have some fun thats all

13. NeSsQQuiCk

Credit:
    Don't forget why we have that rule, if someone is from west, he can create level 1 acc and have no disadvantage cuz runes/masteries are forbidden and only free champs are allowed :D I think that rule shoul stay, only change the win conditions

14. Croco12

1. TSM

Credit:
    What about Summoner Spells :)

EDIT: Haven't seen a participant who plays on different server/isn't lvl 30 yet in this tournament for long time.

15. NeSsQQuiCk

Credit:
    I know, I didn't either, but if one shows up, we have to be ready for it, since we barely have enough players for one server, heal+ghost should probably be the only summoner spells allowed

16. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    I never thought about that, yea that is one of advantages that higher lvl players has. I mby put that from next tournament

17. NeSsQQuiCk

Credit:
    Didn't think about it either until few days ago :p and now I'm thinking about other things that might be restricted to lower lvl players.... hmmm can't really think of anything else tbh, if anyone does, please post it in this thread

18. Croco12

1. TSM

Credit:
    Just runes, masteries, sums and champs.

EDIT: And players 1-5 have different champ rotations!

19. NeSsQQuiCk

Credit:
    we should look into using their champ rotation or combination of both free champs

20. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    Maybe reformation is really needed?