1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

OgreMUD Concept Development

Discussion in 'OgreMUD' started by quinn, Jan 1, 2011.

1. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Currently, I am working on creating the concept and basic design for the MUD. This is a very important step in the game development, and I'll be keeping you all posted on it! Currently I am planning on starting with the background for the world, and then moving on to maps, races, ect. If you have any ideas, questions, or concerns, please PM me.

Basic Basic Basic Plot:
    - It is 200 years before the beginning of the Ogre Wars.

- There is one main city, around which a few smaller villages, cities, and towns branch off. Not all the cities are mainly filled with Ogres though.

- The humans, greatly hated by most have started to impede on the Ogre Territory. They even have invasions at times that all Ogres in the main city must fight off.

- Each of the small towns, and possibly parts of the large towns shall be controllable by one of four different faction groups. (The ones that eventually split to be the Ogre Wars nations.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
  2. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    So, are we starting over from scratch here?

3. quinn

Credit:
    Yeah, nobody really played the MUSH at all, and both Ogre and I think that a MUD with a story/plot/FIGHTING would be much more entertaining to the Ogres. So are you going to help?

4. quinn

Credit:
    Definitely using CoffeeMUD. I really like the default skills, and the lots of building capabilities it has.

5. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Certainly. :)