1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Runic Games (Torchlight 1&2) Shutdown

Discussion in 'Game News' started by Aaddron, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Announcement below:

Hey everyone,

It’s been over nine years since a rag-tag team of 17 developers helped open Runic Games. We’ve been so lucky for the community that has supported us and made us successful. Thanks to that support, we have had the chance to meet and work with the best people in the world. Our team here at Runic has released three successful games, and over that time we have seen many changes; team members got married, kids were born, but the most important thing is that we have become a family.

I’m sorry to say that today will be Runic’s last day open. Our focus is on our family here, and helping them find a new place to call home. If you are in games and looking for some of the best talent in the industry, please email [email protected].

For those that love the Torchlight series, there will be some news coming. And for all our fans, our community and multiplayer services will keep running even after the studio's lights go off.

It has been an amazing experience. To my family here at Runic, I know we won’t be far from each other, and I’ll miss seeing you all every week.

You haven’t heard the last of us,

Marsh Lefler
    Studio Head

Source

2. Aaddron

Credit:
    This is very unfortunate but I'm intrigued about them teasing a new Torchlight announcement. They managed 1&2 on limited staff and budget so I'm sure they can do it again, tho I do believe most of the key guys are now gone. I guess we'll see.

3. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Sad to here about this but I think they have plans. On the other hand, my friends are playing torchlight and I think it's offline? I didnt know there was a multiplayer or even a community.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    The first one didn't have multiplayer but Torchlight 2 does.

subeJ likes this.
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Not sure the news they teased ever happened, it doesn't look like it did... maybe it's still in progress.

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Actually been playing the GoG version of Torchlight when my PC's memory started acting up and really enjoying it:).

7. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I still have TL 1 and 2 in my PC, love these games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.