1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Silkroad online accounts

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by XartusX, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XartusX

XartusX Banned

Credit:
    Since there are many people that have been hacked lately. I decided to make this thread.Some tips that will make your computer more secure. Not only for SRO.

1- Use an UPDATED Anti-Virus/Spyware/Adware. This is essential.
    Avg or Kaspersky is enough for that I think. Btw. Choose Iceword at the same time is better.

2- Don't use the same ID/Password of your game (SRO. in this case) on Forums.

3- Do NOT use illegal 3rd party programs (Cracked programs). Since most of 'em are viruses.DO NOT use bot.I know its well for some lazy bones. BUT. Its danger.

4- Be careful with the files you open (recent downloads). Also I'd recommend checking every downloaded file with an anti-virus.Dont click the link if you dont know if its safe.I played wow before.ebay is the best choice for the gold =). In Sro. I choose Gkplayer for that. some of other 'gold sites' full with virus. Good Luck.

5- We all know this one. DO NOT share your accounts with others.

6- Keep the "Remember Me" option always checked, doing so will save you from re-typing your account info if you've had a keylogger on your computer.

7- And the last but not least.. ALWAYS use a secure password.

8- DO NOT TRUST ANYONE. who knows if the person you're giving your account info has keylogger and such malicious programs on there computers. >.>

That's all, I hope this thread be useful for y'all.

2. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    If I may make another addition, choose completely random passwords, such as xd56GH8T, this makes it impossible for someone to guess your password.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.