1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Social Ogre Gamers Event Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by ogreman, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This is the thread to ask questions about the Event at Social Ogre Gamers Event

Tournament Participation is boosted points wise for this one. There are also points for just playing your games this time:). We even brought back Social Games as its own forum again. Social Games are not just about Facebook anymore:).

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, changed an item for the video link (ie video not made by you) to make it more clear (50 points instead of 50 to 300) going forward. Was actually just counting 50 points for years anyway lol.

Also, added back the post item for the Best/Worst Games forum:).

Any suggestions for new items to this Event?

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    BTW, still need image for this new Event:).

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    New Item:

Playing in an Ogre Game Time Session = 750 Points

This is to reward the ones who do play more than the ones who just watch as it should be:).

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Been gone over a week due to a vacation/personal issues and will try to catch up later tonight.

At first glance, I am noticing a lot less post items than normal especially outside of forum games(which I am not a big fan of). That said, may see those and possibly the daily minimum rise. 5 posts a day is really not that hard:).

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, need to clarify on Triple Points again.

1. Nobody has triple points active at all because it does not work like double points. Therefore nobody should be taking their total and tripling it.
    2. Triple points are for forum post items only. Bonuses and everything else are not tripled.
    3. The total with the post items included are then doubled (if activated). This is why I said to not calculate triple points:).

Ok, will take Crown's items as an example of how I do it:

5 posts in any forum at GameOgre.com - GameOgre.com Free MMORPG Forums that is not trivia = 100 Points x 3 =300
    Playing Ogre Wars = 20 points per day
    Playing any dice game on the forum besides Ogre Wars = 10 points per day
    Being a top 3 contributor in Media | MMORPG and Online Game Forums = 30 points per day

These four items now equal 360 instead of 160 due to the triple of the post item he had. Then the 360 is doubled to 720 since he does have that activated:).

7. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    We need some kind of rules for this forum (To much "did u play this game theads")

Ive noticed that when ppl make new thread, most of ppl just type something like "awesome game" or "did u play this game", no link to game, or video of gameplay, or even some short opinion/review.
    Most of these games arent popular so its quite hard to find video of right one.
    Instead of making 10 "what do think about this game" threads (withour opinion or gameplay) u can make one list and even then, at least what u can do is place link to games itself

p likes this.
  8. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    There is rule that u cant claim Steady Bonuses items more then once per 7 days, so i rly dont know why ppl are forcing things like that on 2-3 days

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    I have seen a few over report and some under report the steady bonuses. However, you can PM me if you think somebody is going to far with doing them too often. Then it would simply be up to double checking:). If they have claimed bonuses too often, they will then lose those points.

Also, thanks for posting this here:). The comments in the thread are getting annoying. Think the next time somebody says I did not add something when I know I did without even PMing me, will get a penalty in the Event.

brankomiljus20 likes this.
  10. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Its actually so easy to heck, just type in search something like "Posting at least 50 points a day" and use search by member and search this thread only. After that just keep eye on date of post and ur done in less then 15 sec

11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yea, and it isnt easy adding all of this up either:). In fact, its 3 AM here and I just finished the Event scores going into the last day:).

12. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Yea, we made sure that u had lots of job to do, but still, most intense last day so far

13. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
  14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Actually was not talking about you and did not mention names for a reason:).

In the end, it all worked out and was a good Event:). The new one is now at Ogre Streams and Steam Games Event

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.