1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Is 160% speed too fast?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Aug 23, 2018.

1. So the team's announced that there will be a new form with 160% speed, and that forms with 130% and 120% speed may potentially be bumped up +30%. What are you initial thoughts on this, and do you think 160% will be too fast?

I can already see pros and cons on this. One pro would be that players can revisit areas they died in with more ease (e.g. getting to the first and second quadrants on Dreadfool's Labyrinth if they died and an item dropped during the player's death). Another pro would be faster traveling (e.g. being able to scout for chests quicker). One con would be that free players would have to catch up to people with fast speeds (e.g. griefing issues in dungeons and areas where waiting for monsters/bosses matter). Another con would be adjusting to tricky maneuvers (e.g. parkour maps).

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It will eventually be a problem when the speed of travel forms gets increased even further. I really does depend on the size of areas where you use travel forms. Honestly 130% speed doesn't really feel that fast, but 160% speed does feel fast, you can't even outrun someone using 160% speed travel form even when you are running and jumping at them same time unless you are using a travel form too.

3. Yeah, I suppose, but looking at a form such as the staff-only Cysero's Ride (I think it has 200% speed), that form easily outpaces players. I don't think maps are really large enough to necessarily require more speed for forms, but I have seen a few large maps such as the World Tree recently. I guess if they're removing /join, faster forms will have more use. On the other hand, if we get auto-looting for drops, we wouldn't have to run a far distance just to pick up a drop.

4. OminusSky

OminusSky Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    It’s not too fast for what I think AE intends to do with the maps. They’ve added longer stretches of travel which may require faster travel forms. I’m hoping they add huge open plains, tundras, snow fields to traverse across like a real adventure.

5. Yeah, we have yet to see more environments in the game like snow fields and deserts, and also larger maps. The new Green Ravine map wasn't too bad to demonstrate the use of forms, though I don't expect every map to have a narrow strip where running is suited.

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Definitely not! We need to have a reason to commit to that and Green Ravine did it in a good way.

7. Satsui

Satsui Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    160 is just right. But i wish they made it even more faster..haha

8. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    im enjoying 160% speed morp

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Yeah, the speed of travel forms got buffed so i can definitely feel that i am moving faster!

10. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I personally would rather see morphs at a max of 150%. 160% is just too fast to me. And like what Blue said, it will be easier for players to troll or grief in dungeons.

11. 150% wouldn't be too significant of a nerf, but it would be nice if there were more speed tiers instead of just 0%, 0.2%, 150%, and 160%, so people could have more options. Some people like being really fast while others don't.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    When it comes to using travel form in dungeons, i barely use them and i really depends on the dungeon i am in. When i am farming Shadowskull Tower for example, i don't use travel forms there because it feels somewhat redundant, the dungeon isn't that long and i don't feel the urge to use them.

13. Yeah, I think the problem with having fast forms is that they're not too useful in many circumstances. Aside from getting from point A to point B, which doesn't take too long as most maps aren't large enough, dungeons tend to require you to clear monsters to progress to the next dungeon room... and you can't battle monsters while in your form unfortunately, so there's not really any benefit to have 160% speed unless you're in a map where most of what you do is run.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    If we start getting more maps that have more area to move around, then we would benefit more for using travel forms.

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    F2Ps are going to get a first viable travel form with Lolosia release! It's a parrot with 150% movement speed (slightly faster than i expected)! Here's a link to a tweet about it! You can get it by doing dailies (5 tokens a day for F2Ps).

16. The description says 160%, but developers confirmed it's 150% and that the description will be fixed with the update today. I really wish the old speeds (120%/130%) were reutilized, especially for a form that's free just to distinctly separate free-players from paid players. Sure, 150% is less than 160%, but those two speeds are hardly noticeable in many small maps.

17. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Justification for that 150% speed is the fact that it takes around 2 months to get it and with that in mind it does sound like a fair deal.

18. Yeah, but that's purely from dailies. If you ask me, doing the daily isn't that difficult; it's more about having patience. To me, grind should be more rewarding than patience, and a lot of grindy items I've seen have been cosmetics which isn't rewarding at all. In the case with the new form, 130% speed wouldn't be bad at all since you're already putting little effort each day. That's just 30% more than the normal running speed which is already fast. We need more variety in speed to be honest; I don't want to see 99% of forms be 150% or 160%.

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AE could have a travel form obtained through some grinding then that is usable by everyone. They should make a low-drop travel form that you can get from some boss from a dungeon or just put it to a dungeon chest with a low drop chance. They could also make it obtainable trough crafting instead with materials that you get from dungeon bosses.

20. Nah. I think we need more variety than more low drops... something like a challenging quest chain where we have to battle bosses and complete certain quests and kill certain monsters along the way for craft items. Low drop rate would just mean a few players will be lucky to get the form in a few tries while others grind for days, and that honestly don't sound too exciting.