1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Played a bit of The Outer Worlds, definitely very Fallout like but with less apocalypse and more sci-fi. The games graphics have shaped up nicely too. It’s kind of weird you can’t talk to people without drawing your weapon though... it’s the same button, at least NPCs don’t seem to mind.

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    The F1 race this weekend was pretty solid, it was weird watching it live since it was in a reasonable time zone. Was on ABC as well... super strange. The race was good though, lots of battles and it was set until towards the end, exactly what you want. Only a few races left to close out the season... it’s a shame the champion wasn’t more competitive but I’m hopeful for next year.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Well the Pistons are officially a complete disaster right now... rip. I guess at least it's early. F1 is in Texas this weekend! Excited to be able to watch another race live. They also announced a bunch of new changes coming in the 2021 season as well as revealed the new car design.

In some gaming news, American Truck Simulator will be releasing Utah DLC soon. Slowly the states are starting to fill out! Pokemon Sword an Shield are now officially up for pre-order on eShop, they'll release in two weeks on Nov. 15th! Death Standing, that weird game from Kojima... is coming out in a few days on Nov. 8th. Reviews are out now so check that out. On a technical level, they are doing some really amazing things with that game.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'm still really enjoying The Outer Worlds, it's so refreshing to finally have a new first person RPG. An one that is done pretty well at that. I still wish we had a true open world first person RPG though, this game is split into worlds which are fairly small zones. It's no where near as vast and seemingly endless that TES is. It works for what it is though and it's a great game regardless.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Another disaster for the Pistons. Injuries are killing the season already. Disappointing to say the least. I have made really good progress into The Outer Worlds though! Also, Dragon Quest Builders 2 is supposedly getting an updated demo that’s longer than the current one... the current one was already fairly long! Might be worth a download.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Lost in the shuffle a bit... in my mind at least... is Jedi: Fallen Order! It’s coming out in 10 days an it’s seems a bit quiet. I think releasing on the same day as Pokémon Sword/Shield may prove to be mistake if for no other release than Pokémon news drowning everything else out. I’m gonna hold off on release since I’m getting Pokémon but I’m really hoping it turns out good.

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    Ordered the Hori Split Pad Pro, looking forward to seeing if it helps with Switch handheld comfort. I’d love to play handheld more, I’ve always enjoyed handheld game systems but I’ve tried so many things an none of them have made the Switch very comfortable for my hands. Fingers crossed.

I’ve been playing more Dragon Quest 11 S again, I still think the game is way blurrier than it should be but the more crisp graphics in cutscenes and battles really helps. This game is a really fantastic JRPG, one of them games that stays true to it’s JRPG roots while still having enough westernization to appeal to everyone else. Xenoblade 2 is another great example of this. Definitely enjoying it.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Finished up The Outer Worlds, can’t say I’m super impressed with the ending but still liked the game overall. The last part of the game felt kind of rushed in my opinion. Pretty combat or stealth heavy too. An the actual ending itself... while a decent wrap up felt very very cheap imo. I can’t wait to see what Obsidian does next though, whether it’s The Outer Worlds 2 or something else, they did a fantastic job.

Also shout out for no micro transaction, no pre-planned DLC, no preorder bonuses, no codes in the box... just a game, no funny business! It’s nice.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. xOwl

xOwl Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Was Grinding the new AQ3D Update, the new Battle Concert brings us a reason to play the game more and even though the grinding is long, it is still worth it ;) Hope to get all new items in time before the next update :)

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. Aaddron

Credit:
    I can now confirm it does make things a lot more comfortable, I played pretty easily for quite a while yesterday and my hands didn't even hurt this morning. It makes the Switch a definite wide boi and not very practical for travel due to size and lack of cases BUT outside that it's fantastic for handheld play. Having real analog sticks is amazing! Wait for a sale and these are a steal.

20. Aaddron

Credit: