1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Heroes Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by Nowuknow25, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Nowuknow25

Nowuknow25 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Marvel Heroes

Marvel Heroes is an amazing FREE MMORPG. If you haven't yet, you should definitely give it a go

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This is the place discuss the game:). We have had a few Giveaways and contests for it and I have played it myself before and after those. You can also discuss the heroes you got from the Giveaway and propose ideas for more contests:).

The only thing we don't want in this thread is asking for a key or complaining about a Giveaway. This is meant to be a fun thread where we can get some good ideas about future contests:).

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    I will start:

I have the rather ogrish hero called Lucas Cage. Thus, I was hoping for something like the Hulk, Thing, or even Moon Knight as my next hero. So guess who I got with the Random Hero Box lol? None other than the exact opposite:). Squirrel Girl lol.

4. 4surface

4surface Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I had the superhero called Human Torch who btw is super awesome at farming. I wanted Jean Grey as my random but I got Ms. Marvel which is still a win. She's also an unstoppable tanky power damage hybrid. Would recommend her to everyone.

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    I was really hoping for Moon Knight after the writing contest:). Human Torch would definitely been better than Squirrel Girl for me lol.

6. 4surface

4surface Ogre Newling

Credit:
    shes actually one of the powerful hero. But she's very annoying. Her voice just drives me crazy

7. Iron_Dragoon

Iron_Dragoon Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Never got a key, but i would love to get any of my favorite heroes out there that i don't have like Spider-Man, Gambit, Hulk, Jean, Ms.Marvel, Captain America. I love most of the heroes in the game, it's just so great and well made and definitely satisfies my Marvel fix :D

8. vjb89

vjb89 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Giveaways are only for random hero box? Any chance of a doing a hero pack giveaway?

9. OHiei

OHiei BamBam

Credit:
    Hi there!

First of all, I loved the giveaway, thank you!!
    I got a dupe though from Invisible Woman, im not sad dupes are good too if you like the dupe hero you got :)

Also I'd love to see more giveaways like this one or even for random costume box!
    Also Hero packs, or Potion codes (exp, RiF, SiF and so on)

Thank you again sir!!

10. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I picked Colossus to start, I *think* the starting options might be random so I kinda lucked out with that. :D I ended up with two Random Hero Boxes... I think I got the first box months ago, I don't remember from what anymore. I ended up getting Thing and Storm.

11. Littlegamer

Littlegamer Ogre Newling

Credit:
    This game is so much fun, for me having your favorite costume on a character makes it so much more enjoyable. How about having a costume give away!

12. totylcf

totylcf Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Squirrel girl well geared got a TTK very very fast

13. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'm kinda surprised how bad the game runs on my computer... I mean my computer does mostly suck so I'm not *that* surprised but I mean the game really doesn't look all that intensive. It's definitely not bad looking by any means but it's not like it's WOW I can see why it needs all that power. It's not like it's got a huge open world either, must be just an engine thing. Anyways just kinda surprised especially compared to other games.

14. FlatPancake

FlatPancake Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Unfortunately there's always been a memory leak problem with the game, and it's never been very optimized either. Areas run differently at different settings, and during pre-launch, chapter 3 was such a complete mess that almost everyone skipped it.

The game's functional and that's about as much as Gazillion needs it to be, not to say they aren't trying to fix it. They're implementing a second patrol map to test out some coding that should run better than Midtown, and will later update Midtown to run better, for example. Overall, optimization is on their list of things to do, but I don't think it's given the highest of priorities nor is it such a trivial matter that they can fix quickly.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Alright cool, thanks for the info. Ah I was wondering about the memory, was noticing it getting pretty high. My CPU seems *ok* for the most part... it seemed to be hitting my HDD quite a bit though. I'd assume the real problem is my GPU but I wasn't tracking it so not sure. Good to know though.

So far I just can't get it to run well enough, it's not so bad that it's unplayable but it's getting really close and that's with literally everything turned down. So I'm kinda stuck. If anyone knows of any tricks to get it to run better... even a little, I'm definitely all ears.

On a positive note, I did like what I played. Had a nice time

16. cinnamontim

cinnamontim Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Aww, geez, I had a whole reply typed out, and I lost all of it because I tried to embed a link to the official forums that gave some tips on optimizing. In short, some helpful tweaks are a Google search away, but the most common suggestion you'll see is to pick up a SSD. Now, is it worth it to invest in a new hard drive for a free to play game? That's a tough call. I know that my fan sounds like a shop vac when I'm running MH, so it's definitely hitting the HD/processor with gusto.

As for my starter, it was Human Torch, and I quickly picked up the Hulk - both choices mandated by my five-year-old, who loves both characters. Torch remains every bit the killing machine that he was at launch and Hulk... well, it seems like Hulk suffers the same fate as other melee characters in MH (good luck finding a satisfied Wolverine player). He's also saddled with uniques that either aren't very good, or I'm using them all wrong (I'd be happy to be informed that it's the latter, because changing my play style would be simple enough). Still, I think he's a riot to play, because, you know, Hulk.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
    This computer is too old to justify an SSD, definitely gonna consider it when I get a new computer.

18. Iron_Dragoon

Iron_Dragoon Ogre Newling

Credit:
    In case people don't know, Steam is having their annual summer sale event and they have a few Marvel Heroes packs for 50% off. Some really good deals if you don't have those heroes yet :)

Here is a list of them-

$4.99 Hawkeye Pack
    $9.99 Loki Pack
    $9.99 Spider-Man Pack
    $9.99 Cable Pack
    $9.99 Wolverine Pack
    $9.99 Gambit Pack
    $29.99 Avengers Assemble Pack
    $29.99 X-Force Pack

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  19. FlatPancake

FlatPancake Ogre Newling

Credit:
    For those new to Steam sales, the best strategy for approaching their sales is to wait for improper prices, Daily Deals, Flash Sales, or the final day of the sale to ensure the best sale. It's rare for them to ever put F2P games on a discount, so the -50% discount is sort of surprising in of itself.

Outside of that, I've been running my Marvel Heroes off a HDD that is separate from my OS, which is partitioned on an SDD. My HDD is actually pretty bugged after suffering through a few thunderstorms and blackouts, so maybe I should run MH off the SDD, although I'll have to do something about the other games on my Steam.

20. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, we hit this sale every year mainly for four packs since those can be placed in our forum shop and sometimes even played together:).