1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

A CM's Message: Beware of Scammers

Discussion in 'WYD Global' started by Kyuubey, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyuubey

Kyuubey BamBam

Credit:
    Recently, there has been someone who contacted me via my Facebook account with this message:

“I want to buy a God axe at 4.5b. How can i trade it? Bag only can keep 2b.â€

Of course everyone wants the best weapons (provided they have the gold to spend) but it’s also important to remain vigilant and be aware of scammers. Currently, there is a modus operandi going on where sellers will offer an item for more than 2b gold. Since the bag cannot store more than 2b gold, a double transaction will naturally occur. However, what scammers will do is after the first payment, he or she will immediately run away with the gold without following through with the 2nd transaction.

What can we learn from this? Well, for one, it’s important to be keep on the lookout always. If an item price is too low or if it’s too high (as in the example above), then there is a possibility that it might be a scam. Secondly, always be aware of new tactics be scammers being employed. Talk and share information with other players on how you can avoid being scammed. While it is true that our GMs can help you recover part of your losses in-game (should a scam be found out and the scammer be caught), there is no guarantee that you can recover the item exactly as you traded it. As a community, we should encourage good and clean transactions with others. Let’s all keep WYD Global a safe community for everyone.

- CM Chase

2. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    errrr scammers are getting sneakier:(.

3. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Hope this game dosent turn into WoW and Runescape lol with the scammers

4. El Monstro De Galleta

El Monstro De Galleta Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit: