1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Aion Going F2P in Europe : South Korean Players Mad

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Supernatural, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    A few days ago, Aion was announced to go free to play in Europe, which was warmly welcomed by European players who showed increased interest on Aion.

[​IMG]

Many European players commented like "I'm sure I'll play it again." "The monthly subscription was a burden to me. Now I can play it for free. It's awesome!" "Now I can start to play this classic MMO again!"

They are satisfied with the f2p model for their burden will be reduced while no change will be made to the content available to them. It is learnt that Aion's occupancy rate in net cafes has significantly increased after Aion went f2p.

However, South Korean players seemed to be a quite surprised that the NO. 1 MMO in South Korea will go f2p in Europe. They argued that excellent games should adopt the p2p model instead of f2p model. Some players even claimed that European players are "stingy" or "don't know how to appreciate such a masterpiece". And some others indicated that European players discriminate Aion because as you know NA version of Aion is still p2p.

[​IMG]

From June 2009, NCsoft started to operate Aion through its subsidiary NC West in Europe and North America, with Aion limited collector's edition sold at US$ 69.99 and standard edition sold at US$ 49.9. But later, Aion adopted a monthly subscription fee of US$ 14.99 with the first 30 days free to play.

What do you think about Aion's F2P version?

2. MagnusLensherr

MagnusLensherr Big Brute

Credit:
    so europe goes f2p but asian countries dont? :[

3. Supernatural

Credit:
    Yup, GameForge bought the right from NC Soft to publish Aion as a Free 2 Play version only in Europe.

4. MagnusLensherr

MagnusLensherr Big Brute

Credit:
    thats too bad, hopefully, F2P will be global :D

5. Supernatural

Credit:
    I'm in Europe so I'm pretty happy.

6. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    Until Nexon does something stupid again :(