1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Anthem VIP Demo January 25th-27th

Discussion in 'Game News' started by Aaddron, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    BE THE FIRST TO PLAY ANTHEM™

The VIP Demo takes place from January 25 - 27, a few weeks before Anthem launches on February 22, 2019. Pre-order, join Origin Access, or join EA Access to experience the VIP Demo. As part of the VIP Demo, you’ll also get an exclusive in-game item to show you were the first to play.*

HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE VIP DEMO

If you are an Origin Access or EA Access subscriber or if you digitally pre-ordered on Origin, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store, you have been automatically registered for the VIP Demo & do not need a code.

If you've pre-ordered Anthem through any other retailers, you will need a code to access the VIP Demo. Please contact the retailer you pre-ordered from to obtain your code.

If you are an EA Access or Origin Access Subscriber, or Pre-Ordered the game, you need to Sign In to access the Friend Pass page.

Source

2. Aaddron

Credit:
    Anyone gonna check this out this weekend?

3. Aaddron

Credit:
    Day 1 - Servers have been getting murdered all day, many still haven't even gotten into the game. I tried a few times and just got nothing, endless main menu lol. Apparently, demand was so great it took down other games too. Tin foil hat says they could be faking this too for the publicity of "high demand" but I have seen a good amount of demand for the game so maybe it's all legit. I'm really surprised they weren't more prepared though.

All I can say about the game so far is the main menu background looks nice and the music is pretty good.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Got some play time now, though the servers are still pretty broken and I had to deal with a lot of rubberbanding from the server. The graphics are pretty nice at times but also kinda underwhelming at others imo. The gameplay is fun, not sure how it holds up long term but you basically ironman and that feels pretty cool. That said, the demo has definitely confirmed for me that Anthem is not the BioWare game I am looking for. Hopefully, it turns out solid for those who want this type of game though.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    VIP demo wrapped up yesterday. They are having an open beta this coming weekend. They cleaned up most of the rubberbanding which was nice but still had some matchmaking issues. Performance of the game was bad though, I was playing on Xbox One X and it just couldn't keep a stable 30FPS. Apparently, on Xbox One itself it was dropping to teens often. PC players seemed to be complaining as well, even on high-end rigs.

I didn't like when playing with other players someone can keep rushing ahead and it just pulls you forward, like once I was almost caught up and it complained I was too far away for too long and it just teleported me using a load screen... which ironically took longer than just letting me catch back up. Wasn't like I was strolling either, just someone trying to rush through. I'm sorry I wanted to hear the story!

The gameplay remained overall fun though. Flying is by far the best part. Though I will say guns didn't quite have the impact I'd like. I didn't feel like the mobs were anything special either... most felt like fodder or bullet sponges, with the occasional boss type that can basically one shot you if you don't hide behind something. Also came across one puzzle but I have no idea what or how we were supposed to solve it because again someone just rushed and did it themselves... *shrugs*

I'm curious to see how it will do, especially a month or two after launch. Apparently, the cosmetic cash shop is already advertising items at $20 a pop. They did say prices can change based on feedback (we'll see) and have even commented on this particular price by saying it's not final but as a starting point, it seems pretty steep, especially for a game you have to buy.

6. Raffiel

Raffiel Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Shucks, wasn't a member here at that time or I'd hv given the demo a shot ))

7. Cherif ahmed

Cherif ahmed DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Hey is anthem worth buying? cuz i am hesitating right now about it dont want to end up with a dissapointment like andromeda -_-

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'm really not sure. In terms of a BioWare RPG like Mass Effect, I really don't think it's gonna hit that mark. In terms of an online shooter, I've had some fun with it but it currently runs pretty bad on consoles and the optimization doesn't seem great on PC either. I'm not sure how the missions and end game will hold up either, the demo only had a few. The open demo ends tonight so maybe if you are lucky and have good internet you could still try it.

9. Cherif ahmed

Cherif ahmed DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    many thanks i decided to wait for more reviews and my friends responses ( atleast they will loose if this turn to be a bad game :p)