1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Design Notes/News/Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Awen Blade, Apr 30, 2017.

1. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    lmao they forgot to add the effects last patch ?

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Steath Update 1.6.4 is now Live
    Artix Krieger | Wednesday, November 22, 2017

"Still a better game patch than Twilight."
    We rolled out a stealth patch on Monday.... if you did not notice, our patch ninja's magic worked. If you did notice... then the beatings will continue >_< Also! We fixed the Guardian's Dragon Breath ability. (For real this time!) Monsters have had their run speed lowered slightly and we made them a weeeeee bit smart about running around things. We have to be careful not to make the monsters too smart. Because once the AI penetrates the singularity, the machines will be playing <*gulps*> us.

But the chairs.... oh man the chairs. "Sitting is hard."

1 Day Programming Challenge (Darkovia edition)
    Soooooooo close! The lone coder tasked with under taking Zhoom's challenge of coding all of Darkovia Part II in one day completed 80% of the code. Which was not the goal. But it is still pretty freaking phenomenal! You know what they say, "The Master has failed more times than the normal person has ever tried." So Zhoom told me the issues we ran into can be solved and we should be able to hit 100% on the next one. Note: Darkovia Part II's code was finished the following day. Which means we will retry this test with the next release.

DragonSlayer Class Status Update
    I got to check out the latest round of updates on the DragonSlayer class. It uses a resource called "Resolve" and has a little bit deeper feeling mechanics than our existing classes. Instead of just using mana, this class requires a bit of resource management. After you fill your Resolve past 50% it changes the game play. Like your Ultimate will do an AOE instead of a single target. I am thinking of strong arming a chance from Resolve to Determination (because resolve reminds me of the spray I use to clean the lab's carpet after a puppy malfunction.)

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Black Friday is coming! ...Friday
    Artix Krieger | Wednesday, November 22, 2017

This Friday, is BLACK FRIDAY
    This Friday, whilst most of our US based heroes are recovering from their turkey induced comas, Gaz, the Black Market dealer, is taking the theme of Black Friday far too literally. He is stocking his shop with awesome black items... Black Dragons, Black Cape, and the Black Starsword! WAIT! How can a Starsword even be black!? The blade is made from 100% pure light! >_> Gaz says it is powered by a black light. Oh! Nearly forgot. For this weekend only, you early birds (early black birds -- the theme is real) can get yours for a huge discount. How weird is it, that unlike every other shop in history, we only discount when we first release something? #Backwards4TheWin

[​IMG]

Black Friday Sale
    Discount begins Black Friday and only lasts 3 days until the end of Cyber Monday (Which will be the morning of Tuesday the 21st)

• Black Starsword 750DC 500DC
    • Armored Black Dragon Travel Form 4,500DC 3,100DC (Love the skull built into its design)
    • Black Dragon Travel Form 1,900DC 990DC
    • Black Knight Cape 400DC 200DC
    [​IMG]

Black Friday Winners!
    We know not everyone is able to support the game by getting one of the items above the usual way. So, we gave out a few to random players who helped us spread the word. They are listed below. Watch my @ArtixKrieger Twitter & AdventureQuest 3D Facebook for future opportunities (I think we will do it with the 2018 Calendar next)

Twitter

• AsianSpaghetti - Armored Black Dragon
    • Mawar - Black Starsword
    • Mighty Havoc - Armored Black Dragon
    • Lovely Raven - Armored Black Dragon
    Facebook

• Archeleo - Armored Black Dragon
    • Lilith Asami - Armored Black Dragon
    • Finn Viperflare -- Armored Black Dragon
    • KingEphraim27 - Black Starsword
    • Darkrai1337 - Armored Black Dragon

P.S. Our 2018 Calendars are now available at HeroMart!

[​IMG]

AdventureQuest 3D is available on computers, phones, and tablets now!

Edit: added list of Black Friday winners.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  4. valkangel

Credit:
    hope i get to win one ! :D

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Designated Survivor
    Artix Krieger | Thursday, November 30, 2017

AdventureQuest 3D just appeared on the TV show...
    The latest episode of the ABC TV Show, Designated Survivor, had a scene where a major character was playing AdventureQuest 3D’s upcoming release… The Dragons of Ashfall: Part III.

[​IMG]

[Designated Survivor Image Copyright © ABC - Screenshotted by our elite ninjas]

AdventureQuest 3D on Prime Time TV!?
    I know. This is crazy awesome x 9999! As an AdventureQuest player, you should be smiling with a deep feeling of pride. This is a huge honor and a major win for our video game community.

[​IMG]
    [Designated Survivor Image Copyright © ABC - Pilfered from the web by our marketing rogues]

What is Designated Survivor
    The show is on ABC, Wednesdays at 10pm (9 Central).

It is the story of the most unlikely cabinet member becoming President of the United States after a catastrophic attack. I am (for real) a huge fan of the show and have been watching since it first premiered. Mostly because it stars Kiefer Sutherland-- you know, Jack Bauer from the TV show 24? In my own words, this is pretty much an alternative universe where instead of saving the President, he gets to BE the President. Season 1 is free on Hulu. You can watch Season 2 as it airs on ABC and Hulu Plus. (No one asked me to write this-- did it sound professional?) We appear on Season 2, Episode 8, “Home”.

[​IMG]

[Designated Survivor Image Copyright © ABC - Digitized from the retina of a flying eyeball who is also a fan of the show]

Lyor Boone = My new favorite character :D
    In the episode, Lyor Boone (played by Paulo Costanzo) is playing the game at the 37:25 mins mark. He is speaking a different language to each of his party members. Lyor is a whiz kid and the White House Political Director.

[​IMG]

[Designated Survivor Image Copyright © ABC - Summoned screenshot by a Photoshop-mancer]

Behind the scenes... SECRETS
    So, your first question is probably, “HOW IN THE WORLD DID AQ3D GET ON A MAJOR PRIME TIME TV SHOW!?” Perhaps the full story is for another time. But imagine the most excited you have ever seen me… then multiply it by a thousand when imagining the fan-boy yell I let out when the producer told me the name of the show. The only rule was that I was not allowed to say anything about it until after the show aired.(See! I CAN keep a secret… sorta.)

You would have been very proud of us. As with most TV show production, their deadline was extremely tight and our team did some crunch time miracles on the fly that even I cannot believe they pulled off. During the scenes you may have noticed two things. First, Boone was playing with a controller. This may be foreshadowing of future controller and console support. Second, you just got the first glimpse at Ashfall’s GIANT FIRE DRAGON RAID BOSS! This fight is at the end of the adventure which we are working on. There will be a version for solo (story mode), 5-player, and 20-player parties.

[​IMG]

[Designated Survivor Image Copyright © ABC - Yar! Pirated Image by the nefarious Image Pirates]

I would like to thank Designated Survivor for giving us the opportunity to be a part of their show. It is such an incredible honor. Sincere thanks to you and all of the AdventureQuest 3D players-- because it was your love of the game that made this a reality.

Battle on!
    Artix & the AdventureQuest 3D Team

P.S. If President Kirkman ever needs help and Agent Wells is not available, the AE Community will be ready! (...because he cannot call Jack Bauer :p )

6. valkangel

Credit:
  7. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    12/01/2017 - 1.6.5 fixes and updates
    • Status effect icons now sort properly.
    • Fixed an issue with quest turnin not working.
    • Removed agro threshold for loot qualification.
    • Fixed resources getting reset when switching maps.
    • Fixed NPC dialog icon.
    • Minor fixes and improvements.
    • Significant back end stuff

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Dragonkind
    Artix Krieger | Monday, December 4, 2017

Monster Races & Attributes
    The programming team added races/attributes to monsters. So now, we can now define what they are! Which is exactly what Oishii is doing right now. For example, zombies and skeletons will all be declared UNDEAD. Dragons, frogzards and dragony things will all be declared DRAGONKIND.

But what about an Undead Dragon!?
    Oh, that is easy! An undead dragon would be both DRAGONKIND and UNDEAD. Additionally it might be FLYING, TITAN SIZE, CURSED, and LEGION.

[​IMG]

Dragonslayers do bonus damage vs Dragonkind
    As you know, DragonSlayers will do extra damage verse dragony-things. So we had to determine which of the fantasy creatures in our beastiary had dragon blood in them. Oishii is going through the monsters one-by-one tagging the dragonkind ones. Upon going through the monster list, it turns out we have a lot of dragonkind monsters. From the world famous Frogzard to the Dricken (which is half dragon, half chicken -- which came first, the dragon or chicken egg?) Thought you might enjoy a list!

• Dragons
    • Drakes
    • Dragon-Eggs
    • Dravir
    • Frogzards
    • Drakimps
    • Drickens
    Did we miss any?
    The DragonSlayer class is programmed (at least our best 1st pass before testing) and Korin is working on the class animations between working on the Ashfall II cutscenes. Meanwhile, Yergen and the content team are getting Darkovia II ready for testing. Dage & Thyton made some wicked new boss monsters for it. How about we do a reveal post for one of them tomorrow? Send your heals to Dage though (undead heals?) he left the lab with a sore throat and cough. Really hoping he did not get what Cysero and a few of us had. I was brutally sick and out nearly all of last week. Feeling much better this week-- so we should finally be able to shoot the unboxing video for the real-life, 90lb, Blinding Light of Destiny. We have another AQ3D game client getting ready to go live this week with a bunch more bug fixes. A few more things while I am thinking of everything going on... this was my first day back, so I am getting caught up too. I saw a snowy version of the new Battleon and a new villain in the folder, as well as a new version of Yulgar's Inn which is bigger, warmer, and has sit-table chairs. (Applying some of the improvements that were introduced in Boog's Tavern) Yergen indicated that he wanted to jolly it up for the holidays... so-- eager to see what he comes up with!

valkangel likes this.
  9. valkangel

Credit:
    more great news ! wonderful!

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Terrortoma
    Artix Krieger | Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Darkovia Part II Monster Preview
    The forest of Darkovia is cursed by the darkness itself. Even the boldest of adventurers are careful to avoid stepping foot in it. If the vampires and werewolves were not bad enough-- other horrifying creatures lurk within in. Take the undead abomination known as the Terrortoma. At least that is what the locals call it. They say it was a ghoul gone wrong. That sometimes, "it just happens like this." The bite of a vampire does not guarantee vampirism. Many who become bitten, especially by lower vampire, become mindless ghouls. But this is now ghoul! How in the world does a hulking monstrosity like this come to even exist!? Perhaps tainted blood? Perhaps it is what happens if you are bitten by by both a Vampire and a Werewolf before turning? Or was this the intentional work of some unseen dark hand? The truth remains a mystery. So... should you be foolish enough to enter Darkovia Forest, pray you do not encounter the Terrortoma. No one who has fought it has come back "alive".

[​IMG]

Art by Dage
    Fresh off of Dage's screen-- it is not 100% completed yet. Still getting a few last minute touches. Upon first seeing this horrifying thing Cysero commented, "Looks like a big wad of pre-chewed bubble gum that lost it's flavor, that your sister stuck under the desk two years ago when she had this teacher." It is fascinating to see the monster go from 2D concept to 3D reality. It also feels like the quality of the art continues to rise in AdventureQuest 3D. I especially like the protruding teeth on the 3D model-- it was a nice touch.

Tomorrow...
    Want to do a Frostvale villain reveal?

11. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    12/05/2017 *NEW*
    1.6.5 - 1.6.6 fixes and updates
    • Removed loot eligibility threshold from monsters.
      • This should fix the issue with the quests in Mine Pass as well as Rock Edge Mine.
    • CC immunity has been removed by default from all mobs due to the diminishing returns system.
    • Mana / resources no longer reset when switching maps.
      • They will still reset when you switch equipment or classes.
    • Fixed the backward "?" quest icon on NPCs.
    • Fixed an issue with consecutive quests being turned in too quickly, which broke the NPC panel.
    • Fixed an issue where Saga / Area quests would not clear properly when the final quest of the area was completed.
    • Mobs are now a bit smarter about using ranged abilities.
    • Mobs that have AoE spells will now be able to use them more effectively.
    • Using a promo code will no longer add previous promo code items to your inventory again.

12. "Using a promo code will no longer add previous promo code items to your inventory again."

The wording makes it seem like players cannot use a promo code to redeem all of their items back, when they in fact can. I've tested it out and it seems to give me back all my previously redeemed items, but it doesn't duplicate items anymore.

Also spoke to Oishii (fisn) with how that last part was worded.
    [​IMG]

13. valkangel

Credit:
    Its good that it was clarified to not confuse people :)

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Villain Un-Reveal?
    Artix Krieger | Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Villain(s) giving the cold shoulder in this Un-Reveal
    Sends chills down my spine just thinking about him... WAIT! Icy (I see) more than one! They are coming towards Battleon in an awful flurry (hurry). Hide all your valuables in your Ice Bank, because they may try to freeze your assets. Not sure weather they will attack when the first flake of snow falls on Battleon, or what... but they will attack even if they have cold feet. They are definitely up to snow good! Be ready and give snow quarter!

Chill'n like a villain will'n to be kill'n a trillion with this.. uh... skill'ns?

15. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  16. valkangel

Credit:
    OMG THAT LANCE I NEED TO HAVE IT!!!!

17. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Hehe ... I'm after that sword

18. valkangel

Credit:
    Dage said that lance was gonna be huge! Cant wait!

19. Legion Aranx

Legion Aranx Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    So many cool items , so hyped OwO

20. valkangel

Credit:
    Lol so am I!