1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D | How Does it Impact on Your Life?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by half.queen, Jun 23, 2017.

1. E T E R N A L

E T E R N A L Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I waste my time on this game so much, better do other important things

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    If you deem your time to be wasted playing AQ3D, what makes you play it then? I don't think you would be playing AQ3D if you didn't enjoy playing it so in that case the time you "wasted" is not wasted time.

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Short timewasters are generally fine, but not grueling ones that subject you to overly repetitive or pointless objectives. Some people play to make sure they're caught up with things, even if it is a waste of time. It becomes a bigger waste of time, if you miss out on weeks of releases and have to do everything by yourself or if you have to wait until next year to play through older releases (and newer releases) because of seasonal events, so wasting little time is far better than wasting a lot of time. It's just that more people are busy, especially children during school days which probably explains why AQ3D's demographic mainly comprise of adults.

For instance, I find farming Candy for Mogloween to be an unreasonable waste of time, so in order to find a way around that, I keep telling players to leave and re-enter the room instance so that nobody has to wait 13 minutes for the boss to respawn (which isn't as successful this early on). Otherwise, I just wait until November or until AE releases a non-Mogloween release to farm for Candy since there aren't a lot of players in Mystcroft Town at that point, which makes it easier to refresh the map instance for the boss. The way I see it, AE wants to keep players in their game even if some of their ideas involve absolute time wasters (long boss spawns, 10+ minute dungeons, 0.01% drop rates, etc.), but players just want to complete their objective as quickly as possible and focus on a multitude of other things (e.g. other video games, school/work, etc.).

Even looking at the trend for gaming, more people are moving towards mobile for something quick, fun and convenient. It becomes mentally draining to spend so much time on something for so long, like farming for Midas' Curse.

4. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    If you are looking for something quick and convenient while you boot up AQ3D, you are looking from the wrong place. AQ3D is a MMORPG, a type of a game that fundamentally wasn't meant for people who don't have time to play or want quick fun. You don't get anywhere if you don't commit to it.

5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's far easier to multitask on a PC (in other words, watch videos while playing AQ3D or distract yourself with something else while playing), but it's a nightmare playing on a phone when that's the only device you can focus on. Just yesterday, I've seen a handful of players complain about having to wait for Carnivera every two minutes just to have a chance of obtaining a Lavender Petal Stain, especially since they've pointed towards the low drop rate (you need 5 of them at minimum to craft one item, 20 if you want to craft every item) and the fact that the map is daily (which makes scheduling a lot harder for people who play on certain days of the week). You could ask any player how they feel about farming for certain items and most of them will describe their displeasure of farming.

I definitely think things could be balanced better (hire more staff and testers, and have the testers play through everything without loading staff items / cheesing through things and suggest if something feels too excessive) since the game tempts players to over-commit on some of the most mundane tasks; other MMORPGs I've played tend to have better pacing. Unfortunately, AE's weekly time constraint is holding everything back (including balance) since most testers don't get enough time to test things.

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    There is going to be grinding and farming in a MMORPG and it's something you should expect in some form. Your decision to play a MMORPG should come with your ability to put time into it, but not everyone has the time and yet people with no time, try to play and complain that game takes time to go anywhere. Could it be improved? Sure. Does AE have the time and staff to do that? No. Their release schedule just doesn't allow consistent content to be put the game. You would be able to tell that considering how they have been making these releases with an intent to buy time for their proper releases.

7. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Having weekly releases is definitely unrealistic for just about any 3D MMORPG, and I think a lot of players have realized that, especially when it's a small indie company pushing ambitious goals in short time spans. You often see a lot of "cutting corners" like items added to the game that take forever to obtain, just so the team can buy enough time to create proper releases (which sometimes are filled with bugs). I don't think it's the fact that it's an MMORPG that makes it unfavorable for some players, but the pacing of releases and the content that encompass them. In other MMORPGs, you tend to have a lot more things to do aside from the typical farming and grinding, but AQ3D surrounds itself in limited content with a lot of grinding/farming involved. This is why PvP is something the game needs in order to get around those issues; in other words, PvP will be the solution that'll keep players engaged with the game, so that there's a more reasonable flow for releases and so players aren't deterred by the little content and massive grind the game has.

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AE could have handled AQ3D content scheduling differently from the start when putting more content in became relevant. 3D game development isn't AE's strong suit so it would have been better for AE to release content less frequently and when they do it's a big content release. The lack of staff dedicated to AQ3D is a hindrance for sure and they have been getting more staff in which is a good sight to see.

9. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Ever since 2017 when i start playing aq3d it really affect my financial and my studying a lot but when i realized that i can manage my own time in playing aq3d and doin my important task todo i really enjoy my life more and i know to my self that the aq3d is my second life becauze it is the only thing that makes me angry, sad and happy even though i cut off my savings and my money that i used to go in school to buy a load so i can play, the good thing for me is to just entertain my self :) to all of the aq3d gamers i can only say that we dont have to waste our time in game if we dont have to just do some important stuff esp our education(only to all still studying atm) we just need a good time managing :) battleon!

Heromanguy12 likes this.
  10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Balancing your free time can be a challenge sometimes when you find something you like to do and it's good to hear that you have found your own spot where you can spend time on AQ3D.

11. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think when it comes to choices, the first important thing is family, then the second important thing is education, then the third important thing is work/income (unless you gain income from gaming). Gaming should never supersede important life choices in any circumstances when other situations in life bear gravitas. A lot of times, people make excuses like that they don't "have time," but that's generally not how it works... time is always available, but it's how you manage it; in other words, you have to make time for the extra things. Efficient time management is the key to a lot of things, but while managing time, it's important not to cut sleep or skip breakfast/lunch/dinner, because that can have a negative impact (poorer grades, bad health, etc.). I think the most common issue I see in gaming in general is people drinking a bunch of energy drinks and playing video games for several hours straight.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Let's just say that not everyone lives their lives "optimally" and it's something you shouldn't expect from someone. Even with all the time in your hands, you can't make more of it because it's not something you have a complete control over. We make mistakes or things that some people consider to be mistakes and live through them and learn. When it comes to this particular case, I would say this kind of experience is valuable and surely will lead to better decisions when it comes to managing time. Sometimes it's better to experience things yourself compared to just hearing about them.

13. Randy1987

Randy1987 Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Nothing at all Just make me Happy when im alone or boring

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's great to see AQ3D has managed to achieve that! I hope that AQ3D keeps doing that.

15. FenrisVan

FenrisVan Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I have just started AQ3d, but I did play the original adventure quest when I was a kid and it really got me started with pc gaming as a whole.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That's sure is impactful! Good to hear that AE got you started with PC gaming!