1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Best Anime

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Forum' started by Taliehoe, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Taliehoe

Taliehoe Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Alright, its question time. What is your all time favorite anime? mine will always be Cowboy Bebop ( I know, cliche but its so good)

2. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    One piece, no other than.

3. Deku1

Deku1 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    for now,its fairy tail but boku no hero acadamia is great too

4. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Tough pick between Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and Dragon Ball Z.

Dragon Ball Z revolutionized shonen, and really defined what anime could be at its time. It's about action, but it also spawned the whole "anime filler" idea with those long almost never-ending battles.

Yu-Gi-Oh! revolutionized trading card games. Sure, you had Magic the Gathering and Pokemon, but card games today probably wouldn't be as popular if it weren't for Yu-Gi-Oh! And the show had an excellent "Egyptian past life" storyline and really developed symbolic meaning into each of the main characters (Yugi represents determination, Kaiba represents skill, and Joey represents luck). Even the monsters themselves had meaning - Dark Magician's past life was Mahad who was the servent to Atem, and one of the Blue Eye's White Dragon's past life was Kisara whom pastlife Seto protected.

Between the two animes, I would say Yu-Gi-Oh! has the slighter edge. Dragon Ball Z is great, but it's too long for a modern viewing experience (which is why DBZ Kai exists).