1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

best games of your childhood?

Discussion in 'Best and Worst Games' started by UnarmedSniper, Mar 23, 2014.

1. I've never played much text adventure games or point and click games, probably because I grew up in a later generation (mostly started playing games in the early 2000s), but I'm sure I've tried games of those genres before. Most point-and-click games I've played have been Flash-based games (and a few created in PowerPoint), though the name of those games are obscure, so nothing too spectacular there. As for text adventure games, I've not really tried them; maybe a few on a Linux Terminal that people have created as projects of their own, but nothing too fancy.

Compared to much of today's games, it's hard to imagine older genres (point-and-click, MUD, text-based, etc.) making a comeback. The older types of games, or styles, that seem to do fairly well these days are arcade-style games or even 8-bit and 16-bit style games, and those games tend to last several generations.

OrangeAQ3D and Corom like this.
  2. OrangeAQ3D

OrangeAQ3D BamBam

Credit:
    When I was a little fetus, My childhood games were the original Adventure Quest, Mario Kart games, cod 1,2.

3. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Metal gear solid on console or Battlefield 2 Vanilla on PC.

4. Kind of excited to see The Fancy Pants Adventures: Classic Pack. It was supposed to be out January 15th, but seems to be postponed. The Fancy Pants Adventures was definitely one of the best childhood Flash game series.