1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  2. Aaddron

Credit:
    Watched F1 qualifying, a DTM race and a IMSA race... what a day! F1 race tomorrow, rounding out a great weekend of racing. I also picked up Spintires Mudrunner on sale, it's a great little off-road delivery simulation game. Haven't got to play it a lot yet but have followed the game for years, was just waiting for the right price.

August isn't looking like a great month for video game releases but a few I'd like to note are World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth, F1 2018, Overcooked 2 and Shenmue 1&2 remaster.

3. Aaddron

Credit:
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Played the first map of Witcher 3. I walked away surprised how rough the game is. I don't mean that like it's buggy but like how stiff it can be. How slow movements feel weird, walking around buildings too. Swimming is kinda janky too. This game is endlessly praised so kinda caught me off guard. That said, the game is otherwise fantastic so far.

F1 race was awesome, surprises from start to finish. I was really hoping for more rain though and apparently just 30 minutes after the race it was downpouring... rip. It was so hard it would've stopped the race anyway so I guess it's fine... I just want a good rain race.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    After a random cord failure on my keyboard and then a huge mess replacing what should have been easy to replace... I've spent a good amount of time researching keyboards. More specifically mechanical keyboards. Huge shout out to Amazon for taking my nearly two-year-old keyboard back lol, I just asked them if they sold a new cord and said the manufacturer wouldn't help... instead they just offered to take the whole things back!

If I learned nothing else from my research it's the mechanical keyboard community is a very fickle and imo kinda irrational bunch. They do really love their keyboards though haha. Learned a ton about different keycaps and brands. Who knew keyboards were such a controversial and complicated thing.

Last, don't buy Razer. My keyboard was still in warranty and they couldn't replace a simple cord for me and the only thing they offered instead was a choice of two non-mechanical keyboards... it was a terrible experience. Also when buying a mechanical keyboard with a detachable cord... make sure the area around the port is open enough for standard cords... like no slopes. It'll get ya otherwise and you'll have to make a custom cord for it to fit. Lessons were learned.

7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Aaddron

Credit:
    My retail issues continue. I bought my new keyboard from Best Buy, it was supposed to ship on Tuesday and be here today, Thursday. It took a long time in the preparing to ship stage, which isn't completely unusual for Best Buy and then out of the blue flipped to "Delayed" late yesterday. No timeframe other than some time in the next month lol. In the meantime, I managed to find the tracking number and it hasn't even been handed over to the carrier yet. Obviously, something happened somewhere an I get it because things happen. I'm not upset a problem occurred.

I am however frustrated by Best Buy's handling of situations like this. They have social media support that can take up to a few days to respond. A forum of all things... which seems to take anywhere from a day to over a week. They also have a phone number but it quickly becomes a game of long hold times. It's not great, you are on their schedule... whatever that schedule may be lol. In the meantime, my order is completely locked, I can't cancel, I can't request a cancel, I can't do anything with it. Completely stuck until they figure it out or it figures itself out.

I'm sure it'll all work out but it's definitely discouraging when you can't get help without long waits. Maybe I'm just impatient but definitely not a fan of systems like this from companies as big as Best Buy.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
  10. Aaddron

Credit:
    Another F1 race this weekend! Last one before a break in the season. Definitely looking forward to it!

Well my keyboard finally shipped and I bet CS will be contacting me soon with a "good news!" but I'll believe it when I see it lol. Until it updates in the carrier tracking I'm not buying it. If it sits all weekend with no movement too, I'm gonna be very disappointed. Retailers love to do this stuff, like when you buy a product and then 10 minutes later it's "shipping now" so they can lock your order when really it doesn't ship for 2 more days. It's a bunch of crap and should be illegal imo.

I guess the best case is I could get it tomorrow, that would be great... 3 days late but better than nothing. If it doesn't come tomorrow then it jumps all the way to Tuesday. *sigh* I'm sure there won't be a discount or anything for the issue, that's something I really like about Amazon. they usually will toss you a free month of prime or refund shipping, stuff like that. Maybe that's why Amazon is doing so much better than Best Buy though.

11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
    F1 qualifying was crazy. It rained and messed everyone up, it still ended up a pretty normal order but a few people did get caught out. Kinda hoping it'll be raining again tomorrow for the race lol. I think it would be really cool.

Keyboard did come today, CS never did get back to me either... still an overall disappointing experience but am glad it's over now. Keyboard itself has been great so far. My only real gripe is it's clear the keycaps aren't the greatest. It is a standard layout though so I can easily replace them later. The build otherwise feels good, it's pretty light too which I definitely like. For keys with a second row it seems the backlight doesn't quite get through them, it looks a little weird but the RGB is otherwise solid. Software is pretty barebones but works, sounds like even they say it's a work in progress so it should improve. Time will tell but first impressions are good.

13. Aaddron

Credit:
  14. Aaddron

Credit:
    A second post because why not. So a few weeks ago a new Animal Crossing 3ds was announced. Sadly, for now, it's Europe only... maybe Japan too. It looks really nice and it's pretty silly it's not coming to the states... at least not yet. I'm not sure I'd buy it anyways but the animal crossing drought is real. I was really hoping for Animal Crossing Switch this year but that ain't happening. No teaser for next year either yet... it really sucks.

Speaking of Switch, honestly, the new pokemon is looking worse and worse imo. Smash looks great but beyond that, they really don't have much this year... which is concerning considering how they said this year was very important. If this was their idea of delivering... it failed, hard. Supposedly they still have some games to announce but I can't imagine they'd wait this close to release on big IPs and if they are, what are you thinking Nintendo? This has been the year of Wii U ports, hopefully, the next will be better.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
  16. Aaddron

Credit:
    One of the Animal Crossing directors has left Nintendo. I'm not sure what to make of this but it doesn't sound great. I hope this doesn't mean things were going bad on Animal Crossing Switch.

F1 race was pretty good. Though Red Bull losing a car early kinda took the drama out of it... that is until right near the end. Next race is in a month.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. Aaddron

Credit:
    August is almost here and unfortunately, it's not big on releases. Definitely looking forward to Shenmue remaster though! In the meantime, beach has started in RuneScape... but the rewards aren't all that impressive imo. Least it's decent free xp. Shooting for 90 cooking and beyond that, I'm not sure how much I'll play it. I also managed to complete Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns... that expansion has brought me much rage for years now so I'm super happy to finally be done with it. Sadly, I still have some Living Story missions on that area so I'm not completely out of the woods... literally, it's all woods... but it's not near as long as the expansion content.

August also brings Guild Wars 2's birthday, so I'm hoping they might put the other expansion on sale. Might be fun to get back into the game now that HoT is out of the way. Plus the mounts look really cool. It's not like August is bringing anything better to play. x.x

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Aaddron

Credit:
    A lot has changed with Beach for Ironmen but my 90 cooking goal will still be pretty easily obtainable. Going beyond that though, just got a lot harder. I'm really not a fan of sudden changes and then rechanges because of outrage. It just seems like a bad way to develop a game.

In the meantime I'm grinding for tokens, an so far a few hours has produced 1 whole token. Getting a lot of the other items so I'm really not sure what is up with that.

Beach this year kinda mirrors the current state of RuneScape, I hope Jagex figures it out. Maybe the influx of mobile will help whenever that finally launches.