1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  2. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I haven't posted in here in awhile. So, I recently started my second year of college. It's been going really well so far. I'm taking Remote Sensing, Western Civilizations II, Mythology, PE Co-Ed, and Gerography of US and Canada. The classes have been pretty good so far. Does anyone have any suggestions of classes that they've enjoyed?

Aaddron likes this.
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
    It finally happened!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D I'm so happy. Nintendo is 10/10 troll, showing Animal Crossing and then revealing Isabelle for Smash. I was about ready to burn my Switch lol but then a small teaser of the real deal and a 2019 release given! FINALLY! No gameplay and the teaser said it wasn't gameplay so we know very little but that will all come in time. 2019! YES! Can't wait.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Xenoblade 2 Torna expansion is out today for season pass owners. Got a few hours in and it's pretty great. More of the same so I mean don't expect miracles if you didn't like Xenoblade 2 in the first place but some of the changes are really nice. We'll have to see about how much content is really here, I didn't look it up as to not spoil anything but it seems meaty so far. Also really enjoying the story, you hear bits and pieces in the main game so to get to play a full-blown version of the past is really cool.

7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Aaddron

Credit:
    F1 race had a few moments but was just a parade for the most part. I really hate that aspect of F1, they need to fix overtaking. Cars are too unstable running close. Should be some good races going forward though. It's also unfortunate the championship race is slipping away, without some major technical problems it's gonna take a lot for 2nd place to catch up.

Nintendo Switch Online comes out Tuesday night I think. $20 for a year. Some NES games, online play and cloud saves. It's honestly, pretty underwhelming but at least it's only $20 for a year. It really should be 0 though for what it offers. :/

Forza Horizon 4 demo is out on Xbox and PC, it's not super long and doesn't save progress but does allow free roaming in a decently large area of the map. Also features a few different event types and cars, it's a nice overall demo. Enjoyed it.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
  10. Aaddron

Credit:
    A new leak suggests Rocksteady's new game will be announced Q1 2019 with the possibility of being delayed to E3 2019 if development targets fall behind. The games IP was a joint decision between Rocksteady, WB and DC. Rocksteady has previously said they are done with Batman for now. Superman is the current favorite in the rumor mill but not confirmed. Stay tuned.

Rockstar put out some new information about Red Dead Redemption 2. Check that out here:

Red Dead Redemption 2

It's launching Oct. 27th, so stay peeled for a load of information or prepare to go dark if you don't want to know.

11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
    Once again, Nintendo Switch Online launches tonight. Talked about it a few times before so not gonna go into how it's not really giving us anything of value but yeah. It should also come with a Switch OS update... unfortunately the leaks suggest not much is in this update so meh? But I guess who knows until it comes out.

13. Aaddron

Credit:
  14. Aaddron

Credit:
    Switch 6.0, honestly it brought less than I thought it would. Not been happy with Nintendo's software support of this console, I understand getting the OS clean and fast but it's had glaring holes since launch that are no closer to being addressed. Nintendo Online did bring one surprise, you can now chat with random people in Mario Kart matches and this will be rolled out to other Nintendo titles that make sense too. Still have to use the phone app but people have reported it actually works ok, it's still not as good as native but it works.

The rest of Nintendo Online tho... the value is very limited. The NES games app works well but the selection is limited and it's all NES games anyways... it's very dated to play. It's also got an issue that the CRT filter, that thankfully you can turn off, can cause temporary image retention on the switch and external displays. Yikes! The app has potential though, I'd really like to see them expand to other consoles too, like SNES, N64, GameBoy etc. This would make Nintendo Online a lot better value, tho I'm sure it'd also drive up the price.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
  16. Aaddron

Credit:
    Finished up Xenoblade 2: Torna. It's a great bite-sized (for JRPGs) JRPG. Had a few areas I didn't like about the game but it's overall well put together and a fun experience. Also not very hard, so most people should be able to complete it without issue and without much extra grind. I'd say it's definitely worth the season pass price and not bad as a standalone game for $40 either... I mean some $60 have less content than this expansion.

I'm not sure I'd recommend playing it before Xenoblade 2 tho, you definitely can but it may spoil somethings. Also not sure how much not knowing what happens in 2 will change how you view the story in Torna... since I played 2 first. Still, I think it can stand on its own and again, it's a good value at $40 for the standalone box.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Just coming here to complain. I've had lots of homework in my college classes. I just did an essay an I have another one due on Wednesday. College is fun.

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Aaddron

Credit:
    Played more Xenoblade 2 Torna and then some Xenoblade 2 as well today. Torna I think is a game I could actually try to complete most of it, I wouldn't say 100% because somethings are silly and boring but it's looking pretty doable to do most of it.

Meanwhile, in Xenoblade 2, I'm plotting my new game +, I'm still not sure I want to do it... it's really annoying you get one file so once you do it, you're stuck with it. I'll probably hold off for now though, plenty of other things to play atm.

Xenoblade 2 and it's Torna expansion definitely exceeded all my expectations. It's surpassed Persona 4 as my favorite JRPG. I struggled with Xenoblade X and I got Xenoblade a few years ago an still haven't made much progress. So I was kinda worried but 2 just clicked!