1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  2. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'm still working on NieR: Automata, I'd describe my experience so far as "I have no idea what just happened but that was really cool!". It's a really unique game, can't say I've really played anything like it. Not sure if I mentioned it before but the start is a bit awkward, it's like 40 minutes to an hour long, with two boss fights and if you die, you start all over... I was a bit worried after that but thankfully save points haven't been a big issue so far. Looking forward to seeing where this crazy game goes.

3. Aaddron

Credit:
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Thanks to the latest RuneScape event I'm back on the road to Prif, depending on how much of this event I can handle I could be 2 skills closer to my goal by the end! Along them lines, I just reached 10 hours in Fire Emblem Three Houses an it still feels like I'm in the tutorial, I'm curious to see how or if the game opens up down the road... it sure feels like it's setting up to do that.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    First skill almost done, then on to the second. Great progress but also mind numbingly boring... I'm ready to be done. The pay off will be worth it though!

7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Finally watched a Ghibli film, I get the hype now. Really really nice animations, all the little touches bring it to life. My RuneScape event progress in on pace, just a little bit more and will be done. It took A LOT of time and I don't think I even have all the reward tiers. I really think this is something Jagex needs to change, you shouldn't have to put in 30+ hours in a week just to complete an event. To which Jagex will respond... well that's why you can skillfully buy your way to the finish! Sigh.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
  10. Aaddron

Credit:
    Kinda sad my 4th blu-ray was a bust, arrived damaged. So far I haven't heard anything from the seller, hopefully they will be cool about it. They are a reasonably large seller on ebay so maybe that will help it go smoother than if it was just some person selling it but ya never know. Fingers crossed I guess.

Edit - Forum magic, return accepted. Still a few more steps but encouraging.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
    While not quite as exciting as last weekends race, this weekends F1 race was pretty good. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come. That said, this was also the last race before summer break and they won't be back until the end of the month. :(

13. Aaddron

Credit:
  14. Aaddron

Credit:
    The Switch revision is now starting to hit the US market. Look for the red box. The improved battery life is looking pretty legit, a demo on youtube showed Breath of the Wild hitting 5 and a half hours in time lapsed real gameplay. Still waiting on word if they changed anything with the joycon for the drift.

King Kahuna likes this.
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
  16. Aaddron

Credit:
    General census so far suggests no, it appears almost identical. It's possible they did something small that helps but I guess time will tell on that but definitely not a redesign. They did however adjust the antenna placement an changed one of the model numbers so these definitely are revised.

Next thing to watch will be the Switch Lite next month. Interestingly an early shot of part of the board suggests it may be using the same internal face buttons as the pro controller. The joysticks weren't visible.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    People in the Super Smash Bros Ultimate community are actually thinking of banning this new character called "HERO". The argument is that this new character (DLC) has too manye RNG based moves. In the competitive scene, people want to stay consistent which is a pretty good argument imo. Imagine being in grand finals and losing because of RNG to the character. Some examples of this RNG is random crits from smash attack (which no other character has) and the fact that HERO can get items-effect in a competetive match where items always are banned (e.g. HERO can pull a big mushroom or a star which make him invincible).

It's exciting to see how this drama evolves. I believe people are overreacting because this is still a new character which means people have not had the time to adapt or learn how to counterplay him. I'm excited to see a few competetive matches with this new character this weekend.

Aaddron likes this.
  19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Today I woke up around 04:00 PM which just shows how bad my sleep schedule is. I'm thinking of running outside today so that I get tired and can sleep much earlier, which now that I think of it, is not a bad idea. I rather prefer waking up early at 05:00 AM instead of starting to sleep around that time, because I then can start my day before most other people and on top of that, be more productive with my time.

Also, I watched the Super Smash Con yesterday on twitch which was absolutely amazing. It was a Super Smash 64 combo exhibition where people made up a combo with items in training mode and then showed them off. They will continue with a real tournament this weekend. Hopefully this one guy from Mexico wins.