1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  2. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Hopefully HeroMart restocks some of their items. Too bad I missed the collector's edition of the 2019 calendar. Would love to have something signed from the AE team and the extra items are also nice. Also some other stuff should return like the AQ3D cape from HeroMart.

3. Aaddron

Credit:
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Two interesting bits of Xbox news. First, Mojang has announced that the Super Duper Graphics pack has been cancelled! Announced back in 2017 we hadn't heard much of it since and now they've decided it's not possible across devices so it's being scrapped. Weirdly when it was originally announced it was only for PC and Xbox One X, I'm really not sure when it suddenly become for every platform or why it has it be. Very strange.

Second, Microsoft recently said to the effect of, we are open to our new developers like Obsidian developing multi platform games but we believe that The Outer Worlds would really benefit as an Xbox (includes PC) exclusive. The head of first party games also added:

Nothing will change for The Outer Worlds itself, the game is almost done and being published by Private Division. It will still be released on Xbox, PS4, Switch and PC. However it's pretty clear Microsoft is very interested in this IP and it seems likely if the The Outer Worlds 2 happens, it might just be an Xbox, PC exclusive.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    It has been announced that Steve Ellis, one of the co-creators of TimeSplitter has joined Deep Silver to "help plot the future of the TimeSplitter franchise." THQ Nordic, parent of Deep Silver acquired TimeSplitters last year, a new game would be the first in the franchise since 2005.

7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well tonight I might continue my file on Wolfenstein 2, I stopped playing cause I was stuck in Roswell constantly being swarmed by Nazi robot enemies and been busy with work it sucks being an adult sometimes. Hopefully I'll have better luck getting past them. The thing is if I lower my difficulty I won't be able to get the "Do or Die!" trophy.

Also bought my first pair of Bose QC 35II headphones from Best Buy I was torn between getting them or the Sony XM3's but I came with the conclusion that although the Sony's have slightly better sound quality the Bose, Bose are more comfortable and have more pros thans cons (Better microphone, connect to 2 devices at once, doesn't malfunction in cold weather areas). For the price I'm paying I'd rather just go with the better overall headphone even though I've read more good things about the Sony XM3's since it uses more modern tech. I'll mostly use them to listen to music on my phone and watch movies/videos on my laptop.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
  10. Aaddron

Credit:
    Gamescom kicked off today but the biggest news wasn't a Gamescom announcement, Sony has purchased Insomniac Games. Not a huge surprise considering they have a very long history with PlayStation but they've always resisted selling out too. The biggest bummer for me is Spider-Man and I didn't really expect it to make it out of PlayStation under Insomniac anyways but this definitely seals the deal... it's not leaving Sony platforms. :(

Beyond that I didn't see anything too amazing from Gamescom. Lots of smaller announcements, like release dates and what not. Ori going to Switch. Torchlight 2, Sept. 3rd on consoles. Witcher 3 Switch, Oct. 15th. Game Pass got some new games:

Aug. 19th

Age of Empire: Definitive Edition - PC
    Devil May Cry 5 - Xbox
    Stellaris - Xbox, PC coming later

Aug. 22nd

Ape Out - Xbox
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Xbox, PC

Aug. 27th

Bard's Tale 4: Director's Cut - Xbox, PC

Aug. 30th

Blair Witch - Xbox, PC

It was also announced Gears 5 is coming to Steam. Steam pre-orders open today and will have cross-play with Xbox and Windows Store. Launching Sept. 10th.

11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Ylber

Credit:
    Tomorrow is the battlevent on AQ3D and I'm super excited. Going to wake up early due to the timezone differences so that I can catch it right when it goes live. The wait was finally worht it. Tomorrow is going to be a great day :D

13. Aaddron

Credit:
  14. Rex

Credit:
    Got a on the road driving session with my teacher tomorrow hopefully all goes well been practicing a bit with my father.

Also made some progress on Red Dead 2 after a couple months of not playing, I'm now at around 58/90 with challenges. So close yet it still feels far away. My beloved War Horse that I named Artura died falling off a cliff when doing one of the Horseman challenges where you gotta go to Blackwater in under 17 minutes. Thankfully I got him back for free at the stables, this one I named him Artura II lol. I also have a Arabian horse breed named Supra (named after the 1994 Toyota Supra).

Ylber likes this.
  15. Ylber

Credit:
    I just came back from a session with my driving teacher! It's my second time so far and it feels great to be on the road. I really enjoy watching myself improve. I havent driven in traffic before so today was my first time. My father also practices with me:D. It feels like I'm in a whole different world when driving, but that might just be me. Can't wait to get my own car in the near future. I'm most likely going for a oldschool looking car which will go nicely with my style.

Rex likes this.
  16. Rex

Credit:
    That's good news, I feel exactly the same way man. I've been mostly practicing changing lanes and blindspot checking when turning. Not having to take bus(es) or being afraid of being late to go where you wanna go is gonna be so relieving, like you just go from point A to B. I haven't decided what car I wanna get but maybe like a 2015 model Honda or Toyota with most features like air conditioning, bluetooth, etc.

Ylber likes this.
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. Aaddron

Credit:
    I said this and then today it's announced Sony and Disney are fighting over renegotiation's. If they fail to reach a deal, Spider-Man will be leaving the MCU and striking out on his own again under the Sony label. How is this possible? Well once upon a time Marvel wasn't the massive giant it is today and Sony made them an offer... they've owned the movie rights ever since. So what does this mean for the game?

Probably nothing. Since the game did so well I can't imagine they'll just scrap all that because of this. However since Marvel owns the game rights, not Sony... if Disney wanted to they could pull back on the deal in exchange. Sony goes nuclear, maybe Disney does too... it'd hurt Sony a lot more though since fans don't want Spidey to leave the MCU and PlayStation doesn't want to lose a very valuable Spider-Man exclusive. It's too bad such a popular character gets tied up in these rights issues.

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Aaddron

Credit:
    It's almost September, which means the video game releases will be ramping up very soon. For this month and next I'm looking forward to Gears 5, Torchlight 2 Switch and Dragon Quest 11 S. An then maybe Astral Chain and Wreakfest Xbox.