1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I’ve been using an iPad as my main computer for a few days now, it’s been an interesting experience. Some things are surprisingly easier and others are insanely more difficult but overall it’s a lot better than when I’ve tried this in the past. I give credit to iOS for how it handles password managers, Android made a big deal about it a few versions ago but iOS blows that out of the water.

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    NBA preseason has started, I’ve watched a very bad game and a very good game... sounds about right for my team. It’s also race weekend, F1 is in Japan this weekend and it should hopefully be a good 3 team race, as Red Bull has put a lot into this weekend... using Honda engines they really wanna deliver.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Sooo that race though... yeahhhh. Ferrari did it’s typical thing of completely screwing up, Red Bull’s top driver was taken out in the first corner of the race by one of Ferrari’s screw ups... though Red Bull didn’t quite have the pace they thought they’d have either. An with that Mercedes locked up the constructors champions, an their two drivers are the only ones mathematically left in the driver championship too, I mean it wasn’t too much surprise but meh.

Hopefully the rest of the season will be fun now that they don’t have anything to lose.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Witcher 3 is out on Switch tomorrow and Digital Foundry put up a video today. The just of it is it’s really impressive, but docked it’s not an ideal way to play unless it’s your only option. Handheld wise the game holds up very very well, the smaller screen really helps hide the resolution drops. However it struggles to maintain 30fps in a lot of areas and pop in is sometimes an issue.

The full game is completely on the game cart but one of the draw backs is sound has been compressed a lot, Digital Foundry notes it’s a noticeable difference from other platforms. We’ve seen this with a few other titles too. It’s unclear if they could or will offer downloadable sound pack at some point.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Google Stadia will launch November 19th for those who order the Founder or Premier Edition. However Google slipped in a bit of disappointing news. We already knew devices support was going to be pretty limited for launch but that WiFi controller that allows you play on any screen without cords? Yeah, that ain't actually gonna work for a while, an I really don't get why. At launch it will only work with Chromecast Ultra, if you have one of the few mobile devices supported at launch or a PC, you'll need a USB cable because it also doesn't support Bluetooth at launch.

I'm really not sure how a service that amounts to an app and a controller (an a whole lot of server wizardry) is still coming out looking like a rough beta. How can it's top feature not work at launch... a feature they've promoted heavily. Very weird.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Been hooked on Divinity Original Sin 2, don’t know why I waited so long to play it but it’s really really good. The freedom in the game is amazing. An the story so far has been great. It’s completely voice acted, an I haven’t heard a bad one yet. This game is an outstanding effort from a smaller studio.

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    Someone figure out how to mod Witcher 3 Switch to access graphics settings and showed with some tweaks you can get rid of the blurriness. It seemed like it didn't hurt performance either. This is something I don't really get with some Switch titles, we often see games going with super blurry filter on top vs going with lower resolution textures and jaggy edges but a sharper, clearer image. Here is a comparison image someone captured:

Before:

https://i.imgur.com/4HcRhBA.jpg

After:

https://i.imgur.com/XrgQamd.jpg

Here's the video, the difference is crazy:

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    5 days to The Outer Worlds launch. The game is looking pretty decent but I’m still skeptical. It’ll be on game pass which is nice. It’s a PC, Xbox One and PS4 launch, a Switch release will come later.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
    First game of the season for the Pistons, it was a really good start to the season. They play again tomorrow so I’ll get to find out real quick if it was legit or not. Sadly the best player is already injured, which is super disappointing but that’s the risk with him. Hopeful for a good season.

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. Aaddron

Credit:
    Played Divinity Original Sin 2 with a friend today and the games online co-op experience is very well done. Lots of little touches and cool stuff to make the experience good. It's a fun way to play, though being such a massive game I'd imagine quite hard to get through as a group.

20. Aaddron

Credit: