1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    My Switch has shipped! Should be here Friday! Least I don't have to worry about it getting cancelled now but the anxiety won't stop until it's delivered to my door. Found out it's being shipped via USPS, which is kinda scary... they aren't the best in my area, so we'll see on that. I'm not too concerned about it getting lost but it could get delayed and what not... which would really suck. Hopefully less than two days away now :)

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    Tomorrow will hopefully be the day! Zelda is getting insane reviews, looking like the once in a decade game that comes around and scores perfect to near perfect across the board. Exciting times, can't wait to play it!

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Switchmas is here! The Switch is great! Zelda is really really great! The OS is really lacking which we knew and the game library is abysmal but man is Zelda good, like wow... so good. Overall really happy with it so far and looking forward to watching it grow. Now seriously Nintendo... I need Animal Crossing, would prefer a new one but would settle for the original via VC if the new one is still a ways off.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Zelda continues to be awesome! It's really really good. Playing it as much as I can, it's a huge game. Wii U version is solid, not a huge downgrade at all... just be prepared for framerate drops, though Switch especially docked suffers from a lot of the same so it's not a downgrade thing. Portable Switch seems to be the way to play if you just can't stand framerate drops, still happens but not nearly as much. Switch remains the definitive version but it's nice the Wii U version holds up. Fingers crossed Nintendo will be able to patch up the framerates on all versions.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    It's weird we've gotten 3 highly rated games in the span of a few weeks this early in the year. If BioWare delivers that could make it 4 in a month's span. Great time to be a gamer... well except for Xbox gamers, 3 out of 3 are exclusive to other consoles. Mass Effect Andromeda is multiplat so Xbox at least gets that.

This does kinda highlight an issue with Xbox as of late, a real lack of new and quality exclusives. I'll give Microsoft credit for bring Halo Wars 2 out recently, it didn't quite hit the notes it should have for such a big IP but it's a solid game and brings much needed genre diversity to the Xbox line up. Xbox does have some new stuff coming this year but nothing crazy announced so far. They've also hinted they do have more to reveal... citing they have a strong fall/holiday lineup but it remains to be seen if that will include any new IPs.

It seems likely they have to have at least something... with Scorpio coming fall/holidays they'll need games to showcase it. It's almost a given Forza 7 will be one, it's always come out every 2 years and racing sims are a perfect graphics showcase game but is that enough? I think not. Halo has been confirmed not coming this year and Gears released just last year so I guess we'll see.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
    If I have one knock on Zelda Breath of the Wild it's framerates, it's immersion breaking. It's really a shame. It's not game breaking by any means but just immersion breaking. I'm hoping they can clean it up. Game itself though is crazy good, the simulation alone is amazing. I'm really excited to see what they can do with this engine in the future, even some of the other huge open world games don't quite have the level of simulation details that Breath of the Wild does, it's quite the achievement.

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    Rumors have it Microsoft will be releasing a new Windows 10 Phone this year and it won't be the fabled Surface Phone. This is pretty weird considering they just basically killed the Lumia brand... why release anything if it's not gonna be Surface Phone at this point, why even start yet another brand. I dunno, guess we'll see.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Slightly modded my Wii U to play Gamecube games, it's pretty neat! Only problem is not being able to play them using the gamepad controls which is an issue depending on when I wanna play. That said, having OG Animal Crossing is pretty sweet! Dunno yet if I'll really be able to get into it but wasn't too hard to get it going so no real loss either way. Unfortunately my SD card is small so it's pretty much a one game per deal but honestly I only really have interest in Animal Crossing anyways... though I might give Mario Sunshine a go or maybe Double Dash.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
    The whole Switch situation has really put a damper on my Zelda gameplay. Kinda sucks. Dunno when I'll be picking up another, maybe next month... hopefully Nintendo will start getting their stock together so they can be sold on shelves instead of ebay because of all the bloody scalpers. I gotta get it at Best Buy which further complicates things, so it's pretty much just a waiting game. On the bright side I'm not missing much game wise, though will miss the Splatoon 2 testfire... RIP. All n all, Nintendo be Nintendo... what can you do.

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. Aaddron

Credit:
    Been hooked on watching LSPDFR mod videos, it's pretty cool as it's almost like watching a episode a Cops but fresh content all the time. All kinds of scenarios and even stuff that can't happen in real life.

20. Aaddron

Credit: