1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Create a GameOgre.com Pet Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, May 5, 2020.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Here is something for the community here to be creative about. Looking for a pet for at least the forum that we can use for various things like the forum games and Ogre Adventures. Will likely be purchasable in the shop for points. This pet would have a name and probably a drawing of some kind to use it. However, the pet will also have its own thread in Ogres Hall and will need a back story and a great description.

Rules

1. To enter, need at least a general description.
    2. Will have time once entered to improve on your pet.
    3. No bickering or flaming etc. This is meant to be fun.
    4. The pet should be as original as possible and not something like a baby Shrek lol.
    5. Names I will leave up to you. They can either be PMed or in the post.
    6. The contest will last from 1 to 2 months.
    7. Accept that the pet would be owned and used by us in various forms including images. You would get credit for making it, but it would be ours. If that is going to be a problem, simply don't enter.

Prizes

A participation prize for everybody who submits a full entry to this thread for your ideas.

Entries

Ero, The Dark Elf by Xctroy
    Lil' "Mad" Ogre Jr. by Yasuo
    Mogren by Meta

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  2. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Name: Ero, The Dark Elf
    Description: Ero is a dark elf from an era unknown. Despite his race, he had a good heart that struggled to accept the dark practices around him. Later in his younger years, he got cursed to being evil for stumbling upon a wizard's dark secret. Ero grew up with extensive combat training and had a knack for building weapons, blades and swords being his favorites.
    The beast then wandered across lands conquering them and winning countless battles. The wizard's curse could only be broken when Ero was defeated.
    After many decades of these mighty battles, Ero faced the great blue Ogre and they engaged in combat.
    Defeated by the Ogre, the wizard's curse was broken and he could finally be set on the right path.
    Ero pledged his allegiance to the Ogre and has served as his loyal companion for many great adventures since then, and continues to do so for times to come.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Shindora Asloo likes this.
  3. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I join to contest. Character, description, and story PMed.

4. Yasuo Shiro

Yasuo Shiro Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Tak berjudul131_20200625210547.png Name: Lil' "Mad" Ogre Jr.
    Description: One day, an ogre scientist made a very suspicious potion. He mix his potion to a kid ogre's favorite food, the grognout. Then he puts the grognout in a dining table as a trap. One ogre kid suddenly appeared and ate the grognout. The ogre scientist looks so happy and ready to take notes on his subject. Suddenly, the kid felt an unusual feeling. His eyes turned red, his face turned green, his nails turns into claws and his emotions is out of control. He became and unstoppable being. The scientist becomes terrified by his own subject and flee to the woods, never be seen again. The kid ogre keeps rampaging from town to town. Many blue ogres terrified by his brutal actions. He became known as the Lil' "Mad" Ogre Jr. He keeps destroying everything he sees in his path until finally, he's defeated by a legendary ogre warrior. After all that catastrophe, the legend of the kid still lives on from generations to generations. Some say his soul still lurking in the shadows of the forest.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Please post what you have here instead of PMing me. I was mainly talking just about PMing me the name if you wanted but really do not need to do even that. Since its a contest, list it here please.

6. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Sorry, due to the lengthiness of the story; I need to post my pet in 2 messages.

Pet name:
    Mogren

Description: Not every ogre need muscles or club for the fight! Mogren is the first ogremancer of history. The shadow staff he holds contains all the soul power of his vanished clan and helps him in battles. This “extraordinary” ogre would be a great companion for adventurers.

Back Story:

Mogren was the third and youngest son of a war chief ogre. Usually, the male children of the chief ogres would be respected by the other warrior male ogres, but for Mogren, this was the opposite. He was born with a rare disease called Minilaphia, and his mother had died during childbirth because his birth took place so hard. So not only his outer circle but even his own family didn't like Mogren very much. If you are a weak being in Ogre culture, nothing that was left mattered. His small stature and size, caused by the Minilaphia, made him the subject of ridicule among other ogres. But, despite his small size, he had big dreams. Just like any young ogre, he wanted to fight to prove himself. But unfortunately, his illness was not allowing it. Besides, it wasn't just his height and size that set him apart from other ogres. He was talking like a human, eating like a human, and behaving like a human. In his infancy, his movements and actings had been ignored, but now that he was old enough, his characteristics began to sink into the eyes of the clan people. It all started with his father's speech at a dinner:
    -Mogren! Stop eating and listen to me. I've been silent and patient for years, but that is enough! It's time we need to talk about some things. I've been told about and mocked for years because of you, and my only wife died because of your birth, and if that's not enough, you can't fight or hunt. You don't even act like an ogre! I can't allow this anymore. I am the chief of this clan, and you are my son. You're going to fix yourself!
    Mogren's eyes were huge with excitement:
    -But father...
    His father threw the gigot in his hand to the ground and hit his fist on the table.
    -I AM NOT DONE WITH TALKING! I don't care about your damn disease. You have my blood in your veins. No one will bring the hunt to this house except Mogren tomorrow! And you, Mogren... Take this club and leave the house immediately. Never ever come back until you've got something to feed us all for tomorrow!
    His brothers tried to placate and prevent their father, but it didn't work. How all this happened? Why was his father so angry? Most importantly, how did he suddenly find himself in front of their house with a club as big as his own size? He didn't want to be like this either, it wasn't his fault he was sick. But there was nothing to do, he dragged the club with all his might on the ground and made his way into the forest at dusk...

Bird chirps could be heard all over Ogrewood. The sun had just begun to rise, and the darkness was slowly disappearing. Mogren suddenly opened his eyes and stood up nervously. Great! He must have passed out at night. He wanted to act immediately, but the club he was carrying was preventing him from moving quickly. That day he was once again sure; no weapon a typical ogre could use was suitable for him. But he didn't know what kind of weapon he could use. Maybe it was time to put aside his dreams of being a warrior. When he was thinking about all of these, a huge deer caught his eye in the distance. He may have been too small for an ogre, but his eyes were as sharp as any other ogre. That moment he gave all his focus on that deer. He was going to hunt... He had to hunt. He had spent most of the time given by his father sleeping, not much time left. At first, he moved slowly... He was getting close. He was in the bushes next to the deer. Yeah, it was the right moment. He lifted the club with all his strength. He was just going to take it down...
    Zink!
    The deer was knocked to the ground by an arrow from far away. Mogren looked excitedly towards the direction the arrow was coming from. No one was seen. Before he realized what was going on, a girl's voice was heard from behind:
    -Don't even move little creature! Or I'll cut your head off!
    -Calm down, calm down! I can't hurt you even if I want to!
    -What kind of thing are you?
    -I... am an ogre.
    The girl responded with a bewildered tone of voice:
    -Well... You don't look like one of them. And you don't even smell bad. Most importantly, you're too small for an ogre.
    -All these features don't change the fact that I'm an ogre! Can I turn around now?
    -Yes, you can.
    When Mogren turned around, he encountered with a skinny, pretty-faced, and auburn-haired girl. She was carrying a longbow and a pair of gold daggers. The girl started to talk after observing Mogren a bit:
    -So, my name is Lilith. What is yours?
    -I am Mogren.
    -What's an extraordinary ogre like you doing in these woods alone with that big club in your hand, Mogren?
    Extraordinary... Was that a compliment?
    -I was trying to hunt. And I was about to be done. If only you did not come.
    She laughed.
    -Well, you need to find another animal to hunt anymore. Because since I hit it, this is mine.
    -Not a chance, I saw it first!
    -And then I shot first.
    They just continued to fight like this for a few minutes. Mogren realized that he can't beat her in that word game. So he just decided to tell her what will happen if he can't take this hunt...

The whole forest was covered by nightfall. Mogren and Lilith were sitting around and watching the deer that cook on the fire. Lilith asked while she was watching the deer:
    -So your own father kicked you out? Shame on him.
    -My father always is affected by what other ogres talk. I can't blame him.
    -He must defend you, rain or shine.
    Mogren did not answer.
    Instead of answering, he asked a question:
    -So, I told my story. What is yours? What are you doing here? It is obvious you are not from here. Also, what does “M” word which engraved to your dagger mean?
    She saddened. Her eyes blurred.
    -I... I am here for revenge.
    -Revenge?
    -2 years ago... A necromancer named Zed killed my fiancé. His name was Mathian. This is where that “M” comes from.
    -Oh... I am sorry, Lilith.
    -I tracked him for 2 years. I existed in so many parts of the continent. I met with so many, I helped to so many... I tried to become stronger. Finally, here I am. I am closer to him than I have ever been to.
    -Where is he now?
    -He has a lair in this forest. He is there.
    -Lilith... Me and my clan live in Ogrewood for decades and I can assure you there isn’t such a thing like that.
    -DID NOT YOU HEAR ME?! He is a NECROMANCER. He can summon undead and do magic. Hiding something with illusion is just one of his skills.
    -Okay okay, I got it! No need to shout.
    -Sorry... When I talk about him, I just become angry.
    -So what is he doing here?
    -I don’t know, I don’t care... Only thing that I know is I am going to kill him and finish it.
    -What then?
    Lilith smiled:
    -I didn’t completely decide about it yet but I think I will continue to my journey. I will be adventuring and helping people of the continent.
    Nobody talked for a second and she suddenly asked:
    -Why don’t you join me? If they don’t like you there, leave and join me. You can be my companion. I can even teach you how to fight!
    -Ah Lilith... I don’t know what to say. I can’t leave my family and clan. It’s not welcome in our culture. They already don’t like me and I don’t want to be a kind of traitor in their eyes.
    Lilith stood up, cut a piece from cooked meat and handed it to Mogren:
    -You already became by not bringing this deer to them today.
    They both laughed. Mogren said:
    -You promised me you will hunt two deers for me tomorrow!
    Lilith smiled:
    -I did.
    When they finished eating, they slept without knowing tomorrow will be a milestone for both of them...

Mogren was dragging two dead deer while he was thinking about Lilith's offer. Maybe refusing this offer was a huge mistake. Anyway, it was too late, even if he would change his mind. He had to stop thinking about all of this “adventure” thing and think about what he is going to say to his father about last night. He was getting closer to clan camp. And in that moment, he saw the dark smoke that rising from the campsite.
    He was shocked. He left dead deers and started to run toward the campsite.
    When he entered to the site, he saw bodies. Hundreds of dead ogre bodies lying on the ground. Mogren directly ran to their house. His father and brothers were lying on the ground just like others. He shouted in pain:
    -FATHER! BROTHER!! Oh no no no, please...
    Their skin color was just turned from blue to gray. They did not have enough blood in their body! But why? And most importantly, who was responsible for all of these? While he was thinking about that, he just realized the bone fragments that scattered all over the campsite. Oh, now it was all clear! Bone fragments mean... undead! Undeads mean... Zed!
    He should have found Zed and Lilith before it was too late! At that very moment, a massive explosion was heard.

Shindora Asloo and Xctroy like this.
  7. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Back Story (continues):

He was getting closer to the explosion area. Even though it wasn't as big as the explosion just before, the sounds of magic kept coming. The war between Lilith and Zed should have started. He had to get there before she got killed. And more, he had to find out what Zed was up to. After moving a little further through the forest, he finally found the place where the sounds came from. Just like Lilith said, the lair was hidden by illusion! The entrance to lair was from a cave, but it was looking like a solid rock. He figured out the entrance was from here by bone fragments scattered in front of the rock. When he ran towards the stone and entered the cave, he saw a path over the cliff. They were right there! They were both standing on the land piece just near to path, but they did not notice Mogren. Zed shouted:
    -You foolish! Do you really think you can kill me? I AM ZED, The Master Necromancer, and The Collector of Souls! And very soon, holder of the greatest weapon of necromancy history!
    Lilith was wounded. She held her bleeding leg and shouted in tears:
    -You're nothing but a murderer! Your cruelty ends now!
    Right after she said that, she quickly inserted the arrow she had taken from her waist into her bow and threw it at Zed. The fast-moving arrow was lodged in Zed's left shoulder.
    -ARGH! YOU LITTLE... I've come a long way. I'm not gonna let some stupid girl stop me!
    He raised his hand in the form of a fist to the air and then his eyes and staff became red. And then seven armed undead suddenly appeared around Lilith. Zed howled:
    -Take care of her! I don’t wanna be interrupted while I am creating the shadow weapon!
    It was impossible for Lilith to fight all seven of them. It was time for Mogren to help his only lover in life. Besides, Lilith wasn't the only one who is going to take revenge anymore.
    Mogren ran towards to land piece with shouting. Lilith was surprised:
    -Mogren!!
    Zed was surprised too:
    -WHAT THE HELL IS THIS LITTLE CREATURE?!
    -I am Mogren, the only survivor of the ogre clan you slew! I am here for revenge just like Lilith!
    Zed cunningly smiled:
    -Ah... This is not my fault little ogry. I asked for the one who carries ancient shadow blood but they did not want to make a deal with me. So I had to kill them all! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Lilith shouted:
    -You are an evil incarnate!
    Lilith drew her daggers and began fighting alongside Mogren. Or rather, Mogren was distracting them, and Lilith was trying to kill them. Zed started the ritual of creating a shadow weapon. He had to find the right one out of hundreds of ogre blood. And about Lilith and Mogren, they needed to reach Zed before he found the right one. Mogren shouted while he is fighting:
    -Why, why you want this ogre blood?!
    -Because that's the only ingredient that can give life to my weapon. Ah, come on! Where is this damn blood?!
    He was trying to integrate all the blood into the staff with magic quickly but still hadn't found the right one. Meanwhile, Mogren and Lilith had taken care of almost all of the undead in collaboration. Lilith slew the last undead with her dagger. When Zed saw this, he went mad with rage and stopped ritual:
    -IDIOT MINIONS. Now, I will test your true power!
    He levitated and used a meteoric spell. Mogren and Lilith were left under a rain of stones. Mogren's skin might have been able to withstand it, but Lilith was already skinny. He jumped on Lilith and tried to protect her.
    -Ah! Let me know next time before you do something like that, Mogren!
    -Sorry!
    After Zed saw his attack is fended off, he cast an energic blast spell that makes both Lilith and Mogren launched to different spots. Mogren was landed next to the uncompleted shadow staff. He wanted to act and destroy it somehow immediately, but Zed just showed up next to him. He transformed his staff to a kind of spear and swung it to Mogren’s face. A small slit was opened just below Mogren's eye.
    -You meddle in things you are not supposed to be in, little ogry. And you will pay for it.
    Zed raised his spear to stab him in the heart. Mogren closed his eyes. So that was his fate; being killed by a cruel necromancer. No, he wouldn’t close his eyes like a coward. He would die bravely looking the enemy in the eye. He opened his eyes and waited for the spear. But at that very moment, an unexpected thing happened; Lilith jumped in front of Mogren and the spear stuck to her instead of Mogren.
    -NOOO, LILITH!!!
    Zed raised the spear and threw it and then he went to Lilith and looked her in the eye:
    -You ended up like a little insect. You shouldn't have meddled in my affairs in the first place.
    -ZED!
    Zed turned around and was shocked by what he saw. Mogren was holding the completed version of the shadow staff. The staff’s head side was shaped like a horned devil ogre. Zed stuttered:
    -You... you are the one who carries ancient shadow blood!
    A grain of blood from Mogren's wound should have activated the weapon. Mogren’s eyes started to spread kind of a blue aura and he said:
    -Maybe I don’t have enough physical strength to fight with you... But we have the same conditions now. I, MOGREN THE FIRST OGREMANCER, SENTENCE YOU TO DEATH!
    He overpowered the shadow staff with his soul aura and shot Zed.
    Zed’s last words were “It can’t b...”.
    Mogren felt slight dizziness and had knocked to the ground...

When Mogren opened his eyes, the first thing he noticed was the smell of fire. He stood up and staggered. Whatever spell he was using must have consumed all the energy in him. He was not sure he could use this spell with short periods of time. It must be the peak point of his skills. While he was thinking these things he remembered... Lilith! He ran to Lilith and knelt. Her whole body was pale from the blood loss and she was hardly breathing. She said:
    -Mogren... you did it. You killed him and took our revenge...
    Mogren responded in tears:
    -Please don’t talk and tire yourself anymore. I will find a way to heal you!
    He was looking for his staff, hoping to do something. But she grabbed his arm and stopped him:
    -No... don’t go. And don’t even try to heal me...
    -I can’t lose you Lilith! You are the only friend of mine... And also remember what you said to me, our adventure just starts now!
    Lilith smiled in pain:
    -No Mogren... I finished my adventure. And as a reward, I am going to Mathian... But you... Your adventure just starts now.
    -Lilith...
    -Promise me you will not spend your life for redundant things.
    -Lilith...
    -Promise me!
    -I... promise you Lilith.
    Lilith smiled one last time to Mogren and fell into her eternal sleep.
    The sun had just begun to rise, and the darkness was slowly disappearing. Mogren’s journey was about to start. But first of first, he should have to find an adventurer companion...

Drawing(s):

47227e42-bf21-4477-8bf2-3437b67fccc9.jpg e3e5f4b1-e4bf-4ba3-aad9-35beba168520.jpg

Xctroy likes this.
  8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, contest updated:).

Unlike the giveaways (please do not ask about), this contest remains open! In the unfortunate event somebody is clubbed, their submission will be removed (should not be copied either).

9. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    upload_2020-6-23_11-57-1.png

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yasuo Shiro, Metaqrion and Xctroy like this.
  11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    The official pet will be announced at the end of the Forum Event!

All submissions will receive prizes and all the pets above will be in the Ogre Adventures game!

12. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, the official pet of Game Ogre is Kujo the Kobold with 9 knives! He is already fighting in Ogre Spike Run.

The other pets will be available for sale in Ogre Adventures as a one-time pet buy. However, the makers of the pets can receive their created pet for free! Also, the creators will also get a special title and medal once the pets are available.

Sending participation prizes now.