1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do video games ruin a child's imagination?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Supernatural, Dec 10, 2013.

Do games ruin a child's imagination?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  1. StormJayne

StormJayne Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    it all depends on the child..

don't blame games..shhhss

2. Qsljic

Qsljic Ogre Prince The Pit

Credit:
    I thought that games help them to develop their imagination even more.

3. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Exactly. Tho now I realize maybe the question is more on what a child is imagining? If a child starts imagining wars maybe that's kinda bad which can translate to reality.

Qsljic likes this.
  4. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Well yes if it's inappropriate I believe most of the games have age requirements it's just that they tend to not bother on it.

5. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    I think it makes the opposite effect. Although, Video games can have a huge impact to the children's imagination depending on the game. If it's a game where you use a big truck to slaughter murder every person out there with no valod reasons whatsoever, i think that.. would ruin the imagination of children. But hey, all video games fall on some proper age categories. And that's the responsibility of parents. To be able to pick video games suitable for the children. c:

6. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think they help children's imagination.

7. I think another point to consider is how books influence a child's imagination vs. how games influence a child's imagination. For instance, in video games, you see very few perspective. But in books, you have to put thought into what the characters look like and what's happening around those characters. I think books are more influential to imagination for that reason, because you have to create mental pictures.

8. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    No I think maybe the old old old games would have but these new games are making children thibk an use parts if there kind they probably won’t use in school, my brother has autism an he has done things in his npc that my dad n I wouldn’t of dreamt of doing by the age he was so I feel it does improve there imagination an then again there is nothing wrong with me lol.