1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think AQ3D will surpass AQW in popularity?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    i think most of nowaday mmorpg especially mobile one doesnt really has any difference from each other. Either auto or just skill spam, even strategic combat just a kind of another skill spam too...
    Tank keep spamming agro skill, healer spamming heal skill, and attacker spamming whatever skill.

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Probably. I've never played a mobile MMORPG aside from AQ3D, so I don't know how different mobile MMORPGs are from some PC MMORPGs or if any 'mobile limitation' exists that would prevent the game from moving forward. I have however seen mobile games with a similar layout (skill buttons on the bottom right screen) but a different combat mechanic, but they're usually Action RPGs. Aside from ARPGs, there are mobile games that do phenomenally well with combat/PvP like Fortnite and Mobile Legends.

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    What an amazing opportunity it is then for AE to do something different with their combat system. You can say that about any game really, but that doesn't mean there isn't any depth to simplicity when looking at games with that perspective.

4. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    AQ3D's been around for almost 7 years now (game was in Tech Demo back in 2014) and it doesn't seem like the popularity will surpass AQWorlds anytime soon, though I will admit the population has grown a bit (it used to be in the 800-1000 range a couple of years ago).

As of right now, there are 589 players on Red Dragon, 243 players on Blue Dragon, 2 players on Black Dragon, 253 players of Green Dragon, and 244 players on Gold Dragon. That's 1331 concurrent players.

However, when you look at AQWorlds' server count, it's usually in the steady 3500-4000 range, and there tends to be even more players online on Fridays. But one thing to note about AQWorlds is that its no longer available on browser, so you have to play through their launcher, which I suppose would cause some drop in the population.

But I am, at this point, doubtful AQ3D will surpass AQWorlds. I often ask myself, where does AQ3D excel that other games don't excel, and there aren't really a whole lot of options there. AE would seriously have to do something drastic in order for a popularity surge to occur, and they've been mostly dependent on live concert events which has helped only a little.

I think most people are either interested in more simple games or games that they've been familiar with for years (like AQWorlds) or they've moved on to other games that isn't AE-related. I've been playing AQ3D for years now, and there just hasn't been anything as interesting as what AQWorlds has had.

5. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I couldn’t play aqw just isn’t my sorta game where’s aq3d does reminds me of the days I played Guild Wars1 an I don’t see aq3d beating aqw sadly but maybe one day huh as aq3d is bullion times better overall.

10k of them members are probably botting anyway.

6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I wouldn't say it's a billion times better since that's a bit of an overexaggeration. But I do think there are simply better games out there that AE has no chance in ever competing against, such as MU Origins, RuneScape Mobile, etc.

I think AE is really only competing with itself. Most people playing AQ3D probably have already played some other AE game before, so they're not really gaining many newcomers.

Rizlaftw likes this.
  7. redbirds

redbirds Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Without a shadow of a doubt, aq3d is the game's new bet, and just because it's 3d, it already stands out much more than its older brother (aqw).

8. KingMyth

KingMyth Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    unfortunately a good part of aqw players don't like aq3d