1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

do you think the classes' new skills fit them ?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by valkangel, Nov 29, 2017.

1. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    basically title. Wanted to know the forum's opinion on this. I for one find it weird how the warrior's 1st skill and ult isnt AOE... I mean, swing your sword at a wide angle and only hit one ? raise giant spikes and never hit the mob next to the one you're targeting ? also feel like the mage's ult should be made AOE... I think the only class they got right was rogue... I dunno, let me hear your thoughts.

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    They did nail Rogue nicely and Guardian is fine, but when it comes to Warrior and Mage, they were not nailed that well. I do agree that Mage ultimate should be AoE considering that we are talking about meteors here! Warrior's Sever skill looks like it could hit multiple enemies, but it doesn't and same thing goes for Earthbreaker.

3. valkangel

Credit:

guardian is fine with the exception of their ult... I dont know, something just feels off about it...

4. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    The classes right now are balanced not really that perfect but It was a good rework, although I missed the mages mana shield and it's AoE skill. The rogue class seems to be perfect for soloing bosses. (Warrior class seems to be average for me, It can deal massive damage if you activate it's dmg+ buff and then use it's ultimate skill.)

5. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I would say not really since most of them has aoe animations but can only target one enemy and that sux

6. herokae

herokae Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I think the dot effect should stayed on the fireball skill for mage. Also kinda sad that there is now only 1 AOE attack and it even lost the special bonus of hitting harder if you are in low hp.

7. JUD4S

JUD4S Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I think they are a little tight because of the demand for releases, so they did so.

8. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    You can never apply logic to games, but I do agree that some things don't exactly make sense. If you have a sword, shouldn't you be doing AoE damage? I think the way classes work are completely for balance, not logic.

I would like Mage to have AoE. If a Mage can summon Meteor Volley, it ought to hit surrounding monsters. The old Mage used to have Magic Shockwave which was useful, but the AQ3D team removed it when updating the class.

9. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Warrior's Whirlwind is basically Mage's Magic Shockwave now, but without armor break effect. I do agree that Magic Shockwave was useful as a skill, but it wasn't that good if you compare it to Warrior's old Whirlwind at low health. I have to say that it was good when you use it to combo skills together (Fireball -> Magic Shockwave -> Lighting Strike or just Fireball -> Magic Shockwave) and use it as a finisher.

10. valkangel

Credit:
    Hey, i always used shockwave to make sure i get multiple exp especially during bridge time lol.. always wondered why they were too many warriors up there... Anyways, yea meteor should definitely be aoe and i am seeing warrior as the best one for aoe crowd control as they are in the frontlines.. they could do that by having 3 of the warrior's 4 skills aoe... And having a mechanic built around that... That would imo make warrior more viable... Loved how they introduced passives as well... Hope we get advanced classes down the road as well like in aqw

11. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Passives are quite ok for each class. Mage's meteor couldve been aoe, or at least just on the last meteor one.

12. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    New classes armor worrior armor is nice but I like the old one that the topic but class armor changed