1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Cleaning 2018

Discussion in 'Ogres Hall' started by ogreman, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, it is that time again:). Looking to combine some of the forums that are not working great separately. Think the middle area with all the different genres can be knocked down quite a bit. In fact, may put the lesser ones under lunch and put the old inactive game forums under categories that fit.

That said, any further suggestions?

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think there should be a Sports Games subforum under Online Games instead of just Fighting and Wrestling Games, and Fighting and Wrestling Games-related threads could be added into a Sports Games subforum along with other sports-related threads. To me, Fighting and Wrestling Games sound too specific.

ogreman likes this.
  3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Free MMORPG and MMORPG should be combined to MMORPG. I'd also lobby for Video Games and Consoles to remain as well as Upcoming Games. I think Free Games can be sub forum'd at this point or eliminated completely. Truly free games are kinda few and far between an all the F2P stuff can pretty much fit in other categories. Plus free deals and giveaways make more sense over in Budget Gaming.

ogreman likes this.
  4. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Also I think Online Game Battles makes more sense in Best and Worst Games since MMO Debates is similar.

Aaddron likes this.
  5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, will do a few of these this week. The main focus at first will be putting weaker inactive forums under bigger ones that make sense.

One reason I put the Ogre RPG in the arcade because that forum needed a boost and it fits well there despite having no other dice games in that forum. In fact, used that to make a simpler game by using only one dice.

6. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I get the why but I've never liked it because sometimes it just makes stuff harder to find, I've had this issue with important threads in the past. An like the big forum events, it doesn't make sense they are in News. Honestly they should have their own space. An the first place I'd think to find Ogre RPG would be Ogre Games for example since that's where they've all gone so far. Honestly I wouldn't of even thought to check Arcade if I didn't know it's there because it's not in the Arcade.

I mean it's not a big deal, I'm just saying use caution or things start getting confusing quick.

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Like the Forum Events, this game deserves a special place because it will be supported by me personally everyday. There will be prizes involved and it has a number of possibilities that we can try. No other game will receive this treatment including Ogre Wars so there should be no confusion. Have a lot of ideas and learned from our past games so should be a lot of fun:).

8. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    What I would most like to avoid with this is the creation of "sub-sub-forums". Sub-sub-forums don't show up on the index, and are therefore incredibly hard to find if you don't remember where it is. I know, for instance, that we have a game bundles forum, but I don't always remember that it's under Indie Games, which is under Budget Gaming.

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Indeed, they are easy to lose track of like that. Well, this game may avoid that by having its own forum eventually. Just want to give it some time before doing that.

Yea, if anything look for some of the genre forums to be pulled out of that soon. However, a few inactive game forums could take their place.

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Posting has not been good lately so need to lessen the number of main forums by a lot.

11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    OK, the Ogre is going to get very fat because Ogre Lunch is going to get much bigger lol.

12. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, going good tonight:).

Did many of these and going to bring a few older forums back:).

13. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Cleaning is pretty much complete now with the exception of the Free MMORPG and MMORPG merge. Not sure if we ever did a merge on this forum and I can't even remember the last merge on the other forum:).

14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, Ogres Breakfast got bigger today:). However, that is as big as it will get. Some of the lower forums need attention or will shut down Forum Games (Which is currently buried in breakfast) once and for all.

Other than Forum Games, forums can emerge from Breakfast if they do well enough:).

15. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Good job, guys.

16. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    More tidy forums are great to delve around in!

17. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Doing more tidying:). Ogre Battle Royals will have their own forum higher up. The current forum for that genre will be moved into shooters for now.