1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Hard Time, Prison Simulator Game

Discussion in 'Free Games' started by Heromanguy12, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Have any of you heard about "realistic" prison simulator game called Hard Time?

It is a freeware game that you can download from MDickie.com and it was made by MDickie (you can check him on Facebook or Twitter) in about 3 months by using some assets from his other games from same website.

There all kinds of things that can happen inside of prison let it be fights, shady dealings and even terrorists attacks. You can also do tasks that are given to you by either inmates or wardens to get money or get days out off your sentence. There is gore and blood to be witnessed so keep that in mind but you can turn them off from options menu.

To put it shortly it is like Stick RPG but with prison theme and i have really enjoyed it. Graphics of the game are decent but not great considering MDickie made it in 3 months by himself.
    Goal of the game is basically survive inside of prison and serve your sentence and when you get out you have won the game. To advance time you need to do activities like sorting files or sleeping in your cell's bed or any bed.

Game uses mouse only for zooming and moving the camera so most actions are performed using keyboard and also game locks your mouse to the game window so press ESC until you get to saves menu to gain control of your mouse again.

Game has fighting system that is basically taken off from other games that MDickie made and introduction manual to it can be found from inside of Hard Time's game folder. Also there is Survival guide in game folder so check that before you start playing!

Download the game by using direct download link!!! (It is the safest way and do this always when you download games and mods from MDickie's website for PC just to be safe!)
    Hard Time image 2808_17.PNG

Remember to play the game on windowed version of it which is called Hard Time (Windowed).exe Hard Time image 2 2808_17.PNG <-- [This one]
    and i could only make that version work and if you play that version and it doesn't work check what compatibility mode it is on, i am using windows 7 compatibility mode myself and it runs just fine.
    The game runs better depending on your RAM amount so having 8 GBs or more RAM is an advantage and with more RAM game doesn't slow down too much when there is many characters on the screen.
    I have to play with less characters because i only have 4GB laptop but it can run it nicely so test be changing amount of characters from options menu and go in game to test how it runs.

There are many ways to play the game: fight other inmates/wardens (they can attempt to yield by giving you money if you leave them alone), get money by working on jobs (sweeping, prepare food, sort files, craft items inside of workshop and conduct drugs in medical bay) or just do whatever you want really.

Game has weird AI time sometimes: Inmate insults you and few seconds later wants to become your friend that sort of thing which can make some funny moments happen sometimes.

So what do you guys think about the game and have you even heard of it in the first place?

2. Mekel

Mekel Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    It's a pretty a good game

3. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I've watched the simulation in youtube I'ts like should i be a good inmate or go totally insane :blackalien:sombrero:

4. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I have heard about this game, it looks very old school but it looks like something I'd enjoy. I think if I had to get a prison simulator game I'd go for Prison Architect but it's not free.

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's a pretty cool simulation game. I really like the customization option at the beginning of the game since you can put down a lot of details about your character. Not bad for a prison game.