1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Has Your RuneScape Account Ever Been Hacked?

Discussion in 'RuneScape' started by Lions, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Please answer this, have you ever had a RuneScape account that has been hacked/stolen? Curious why I'm asking? Because I've found a way to recover some stolen accounts. It certainly won't work for everyone (I'd say there's probably a 1/4 chance at getting your account back) but its something. I may start up a service for doing this, just seeing who would be interested in that (and no, I won't hack someone else's account for you, you would have to prove that the account was yours [and I'm not stupid enough to believe that everyone is a lvl 120]).

2. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    I have an account from like 4-5 years ago that I forgot the pass that I would like back.

Hotsauce1256

Password was close to billllyyyyyyyy or something. I made it wicked ridiculous. I forget past passwords. :/

3. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    I don't know if I'm going to do this yet, I'm just throwing the idea out there to see if many people here have the same problem as you.

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Recovering an account can legally only be done via account recovery by the creator of the account, any other way is against the rules.

Can give advice but can't do it for them. If you found some kind of loophole to make it easier to recover an account I advise you report it to Jagex.

5. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    It's not exactly a loophole. It's the same way hackers hack accounts in the first place. I guess you could say that I have "studied the dark side of the force", I've spent hours online learning from the very people that do things like send viruses out, hack things, etc. Except I believe in white hat over dark hat, meaning I dedicate any of my hacking knowledge towards helping people, like recovering accounts, rather than hacking them. It's actually pretty fun, you feel powerful with your hacking abilities, yet it's nice to know that your helping prevent these types of things. :)

6. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    That's good, but it's still against the rules.

I'm not trying to stop you from using your methods, I just think it shouldn't be on the forums since it is against the rules and the forum doesn't allow illegal stuff.

I'll PM Ogreman to see what he thinks.

7. q

q Exiled Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i wouldn't say that it was hacked, but my friend got mad at me and figured out my password then changed it when i first started. But he only changed the passwords because i was in the exact same spot when i got the account back with all my items.

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    It is OK to discuss being hacked if it has happened to you, but a service dealing with player accounts will not be allowed here. That said, please keep this thread to experiences/advice only or it will need to be closed.

9. HmmOk

HmmOk Big Brute

Credit:
    I've had my account for 6-7 years (not played for 99's really) but i've never been hacked, i always keep my account secure and every month a change my password to something very strong. :)

~Dreamy Peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.