1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Highlighted Mod Mark Dungeoneering Q&A

Discussion in 'RuneScape' started by Drama, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Q=Players A=Mod Mark

Click Here to view the whole Q&A Thread. These following questions I thought were worth noting.

Q - Will there be a "finale" for dungeoneering this year?

A - Not this year no. But its awesome and well worth the wait!

Q - Will we ever get more bind slots? If yes, will they come from quests?

A - Possibly. And yes, its likely to be from supporting content like quests.

Q - Why is ranged so weak in DG apart from the Hexhunter? Saggitarian arrows are weaker than rune arrows.

A - Were aware that rangers are not well appreciated within dungeon and would like to address the issue. Do remember however that many monsters within the dungeons are specifically weak to ranged combat, so its still the better combat style to use in some situations.

Q - Will we ever get a task list for Daemonheim?

A - Yes!

Q - Currently the rewards, apart from capes and certain binds, stop at level 90. Will there be more rewards or resource
    dungeons for the 90+ levels?

A - Yes!

Q - Will the ammo binds ever increase from 125?

A - Yes

Q - If a server crashes and players are dungeoneering the players lose their binds. Why does the bindings' code let this happen and will it ever be fixed?

A -I am currently negotiating time to fix this! Honest!

Q - Will the solo exp ever be increased?

A - Yes. We recently improved solo xp rates at low levels, for example so its possible we will again.

We are also looking at ways to encourage non - rush tactics but not by nerfing anything.

Please remember that the design of the skill means that it will always be better to play within a group.

q - Will we see more rewards? I currently have 300k tokens right now, and none seem even remotely useful.

a - Yes!

q - Why can't we use the scrolls inside Daemonheim? Scroll of Life would help with the expensive seeds, Wasteless Herblore would help with the slow potion making, and Wasteless Smithing would be a great add-on to the Artisan's ring.

a - Yes, we are considering that.

q - Right now, teams that skip every resource, leave every monster alive, let themselves die and don't even pay attention to the dungeon are able to get 3 times more experience than normal teams, who are able to get 7 times more experience than soloers. Why is this?

a - Yes I agree that's fundementally wrong. I want to increase the XP you get for clearing rooms properly, but we are waiting for some data before we can do that.

Q - Could we see a very high level DG world? (Ie, 2000+)?

A - If there is call for it, yes!

Q - Rangers have been requesting an Ava's device for use within Daemonhiem for some time. A few have suggested placing the device's effect on the Ring of Kinship. Is something like this possible?

A - Possibly yes. This is on the list for "inside dungeon rewards" which I would like to work on at some point.

Q - I would also like to know if large dungeons will be availible to soloers in the future? I believe the choice should be handed over to the players, who as you guys frequently say, are mature and I believe they have the ability to control their playing time.

A - Its something I would like to do yes, but technical issues prevent us from doing so currently.

Q - The death system in dungeoneering seems a bit extreme it's so easy so mis-click into a room by trying to open the door and instantly lose 14% exp. Are there any plans to address this issue?

A - No!

Q - Would summoning dungeoneering bosses to battle would be a nice idea?

A - Awesome idea, but only if I can summon an army of heimcrabs.

Q - are there any plans on increasing the tokens rewarded from dungeons or to lower the cost of the rewards?

A - We may well introduce other ways for a player to earn tokens. but right now there are no plans to change this.

Q - are there any plans on allowing the bone crusher/prayer necklaces to work with ashes ( in regards to scattering them and restoring prayer points)

A - No.

Q - we have the tome of frost will you guys be adding diffrent tomes?

A - Possibly yes.

Q - Are we ever going to have weildable capes within daemonheim? I would like to be allowed an acheivement cape. (We can't even wear a 99 dungeoneering cape while training dungeoneering) Also I think the new milestone capes would be a great choice.

A - Great question, I was hoping someone would ask that. basically, because of the way that the graphics were made within Daemonheim, capes are impossible to use, They would clip horribly with the armour there. So no, there is no chance that capes will appear in the dungeons.

Q - Rewards - Will anything (like maaybe a Primal 2h for out of Daemonheim) be coming out in the future that requires a higher Dg than 80 to get? As it stands, 120 gives no benefit, and I already have 1.3m tokens I don't know what to do with.

A - Nice idea. The next lot of rewards added are likely to be purchased for use within a dungeon.

Q - More chaotics please!

A - Maybe!

Q - do you have any intentions to make Dungeoneering Trainable via diffrent methods? (Hunter has Hundreads for example)

A - No! Well, aside from lamps and tears :)

Q- More resource dungeons for higher levels?

A - Yes, in the future but nothing in development right now.

Q - Why not introduced a "Key Bag" which you can put keys in and out of?
    (Would take 1 space, everyone has one, once clicked on you can select which keys to take out and overall makes keying less devious)â€

A – I agree, that would be nice. This is one of the ideas for a future “rewards for inside demonheim†update.

Q - May we *please* have a couple of worlds set aside as Dungeoneering requirement worlds? What I mean is that in the particular world, everything will be normal, but you may only make or join a party if you meet the requirements of that world. Requirements could be something along the lines of 100+ dg, 110+ dg, 110+ dg and 2250+ total and 135+ cb etc. It wouldn't affect anything other than dungeoneering in those worlds and would make finding the party you want much easier without having to check people's levels. It might also clear up 117 and 148 a bit, causing less lag there.â€

A – Interesting idea. As I mentioned above, we are looking to improve the way grouping works in the game, possibly even allowing groups to be formed across servers via a lobby. That would be the ultimate solution to the problem you describe but its really in its early stages right now. Conceptually we know it can work though. If it looks like were some way off creating it, I will consider the idea you suggest.

2. sasuke2490

sasuke2490 Clubbed

Credit:
    dungeneering was really fun its just confusing for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.