1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

How well do you protect villagers?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Heromanguy12, May 10, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    We all know about those long nosed and noise people who really like to get their hands on emeralds. Do you protect villagers well and how do you protect them? Do you fence villages so hostile mobs don't get to overrun as easily for example?

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Depends on the villagers' trade. Sometimes it's not worth protecting a village, or even a particular villager, if their offers are bad. And very often, I would just pick up food (carrots or potatoes) from their farm, and leave. If I cared about a particular villager, I would just trap them so mobs can't attack them. I find it time consuming fortifying the perimeter of an entire village, so that's not really worth doing; the least I would do is place torches around, and maybe set up an Iron Golem or two.

3. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Just like Snowy, I only protect villages if they have good offers. Iron Golems are the best way to protect them, but when you think about the cost to create them; it is pretty debatable if it is worth it or not.

4. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Iron is quite common in the game, especially if you mine a lot during the night time. I think setting up a small barricade around villagers you want to keep and placing down a lot of torches is useful, if you're just starting out with little material and you already have spotted a village, but eventually you'll want to expand how you protect your village.

5. Mseehr

Mseehr Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    If we kill them others won't attack so we'll protect them 3:)

6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That's not really protecting villagers, and it seems counterintuitive since villagers are useful to trade with. Doing something little like getting a villager inside a building and blocking the door with some blocks (like cobblestone) seems better than just slaying the villagers, because at least you'll still have the ability to trade with them.

7. Mseehr

Mseehr Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    Actually, that's nice, to imprison and enslave. Interesting idea :D