1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

If they were to add a new pet, what would you like?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Setsou, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    This is why Vurrman would have been a better choice overall. AE is guilty of reusing models and add a few new details to it or texture it and that Frost Wraith was a pretty lazy and it was so lazy in fact that when you defeat Frost Wraith, it plays the death animation using same textures as Chained Wraith. AE's way of pricing things that cost DC is definitely price when it comes to pricing more detailed versions of certain travel forms.

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    And if they did change their mind, I'd hope they go with the Vurrman model and just ditch the new Mouse. I'd rather not see them put two available forms or pets since the Mouse doesn't add much that's new, and it would just look like cashgrabbing. Unfortunately, I fear that they'll end up adding a collection with two forms anyway, because that's how collections have most of the time been; nothing different with the formula.

3. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I suppose we have to wait and see how that collection will turn out. I can see the possibility of AE just reusing that new Mouse model texture and add more details to it and give it a higher price tag like they did with that model previously.

4. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Least they could have done was made the mouse a different color just so it would stand out differently (instead of just giving the original mouse clothes)... like make the mouse gold, tan, or brown colored instead of gray.

5. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I suppose they could have but they didn't do that did they? It would have been more work on texturing and definitely worth it.

6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Would have been easy most likely, just from changing the hue of the base color layer of the mouse in Photoshop (which anyone could easily do, even people who can't create a thing in Photoshop). I don't think it's more work at all, as long as the artist didn't create everything in one layer which would make repurposing the art harder in the first place. Changing the hue of a texture is simple, but replacing textures with newer textures takes time.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I would have been a good idea to change the hue of the original color of Mouse model's texture to make it stand out, but that didn't happen even though it would have been an easy thing to do. I find it to be a missed opportunity to make this new texture more different from the original.