1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Illinc

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games' started by Goldbott, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Julein

Julein Idiocracy At Its Best The Pit

Credit:
    Cool good to see it moving along... theother gamr i was followin fell flat on its face

2. Goldbott

Goldbott MMORPGer

Credit:
    We're almost done with the design for the first race's base model and our 3d artist has really done quite well. I havn't make too much progress since getting the character systems working as I have an art trade to work on. I'm still not entirely sure when the POC demonstration is going to be, june seems a bit hopeful considering the current progress, but steady progress is being made on many fronts (including level design, GUI creation, control scheme, ect.) and I'm still hoping it'll be ready sometime this summer.

3. Goldbott

Goldbott MMORPGer

Credit:
    It's been a while so I thought I'd post an update, we've gotten a lot together recently and things are starting to fall in place for the POC. We won't be able to make the June date for various reason, but we're almost finished with a few of the most important art assets, the character models. The system itself hasn't gotten too much farther since I last posted due to the other jobs I've taken up to pay for this one, but I'll be back on it very soon. I'm re-building the site and I hope I'll have some interesting things to show off soon. We'll be launching a small donation campaign soon to gather funds to speed up development on the POC, we need around $200 to launch, but I may be able to pay that myself, still we could finish much faster with the aid of freelancers, so if anyone on here has any fund raising suggestions I'd be open to any ideas. There are two types of donors, investors and players, each will have their own incentives for donation. Most of the investor donation incentives circulate around an area in the game that will feature a lot of advertisement space. Players who donate will have some interesting in-game incentives such as early name registration, custom donor "paint" (materials that can be placed on weapons and vehicles), and access to the game at any stage of testing, alpha, beta, and prep-release.

I'll be working on the site soon, when I have it up and running you'll be able to find all kinds of information about the game and maybe even a few renders of the LandFall Region (starting area) and the character models.

4. Goldbott

Goldbott MMORPGer

Credit:
    Well I hate to triple post but it's been a while and I just wanted anyone interested to know that things are progressing smoothly, we've gotten a bit more organization in the development process and a time-line is in the works, hopefully I'll be able to give an approximate date for the POC demo soon. We've been doing a bit of work on the website and it looks alright, but it's still sparse on information. Since we have some actual renders of character models and some art work ready we'll be putting it up on the site as soon as we're confident that it's ready for traffic.

Progress is being made in the art department and within the month you may see some artwork pertaining to the items that will be showcased in the POC demo.

The code structure is also progressing, albeit a bit slower than I'd like, The character management systems are almost complete.

5. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    Another one of your quotes, but again why?

6. Goldbott

Goldbott MMORPGer

Credit:
    I'm a bit confused by the last two posts, I suppose one is spam (siuiph692), but I'm not sure what to make of the other, I suppose now would be a good a time as ever for a new update, though there isn't much to tell, we've finally gotten one of our character models done and a member of the team is animating it now, however it isn't textured yets so it's just a white model atm. Our concept artist Juan did a very nice job on a new concept sketch that I wanted to share with you ( http://illinc.co.cc/files/4113/1346/1916/CA_Illinc01b.jpg ) here we see two fighters in the arena, both in armor, one Human and the other Positron.

I'm still hoping to have the POC before the end of the year, and I'm still working on the code side of it.

7. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    My post was a reaction to Andre544jv's post, which has been deleted by now. Sorry if I confused you :)

8. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It was spam. Cat deleted it already before I got a chance to delete it.

9. Goldbott

Goldbott MMORPGer

Credit:
    It's been a while since I came in to refresh this thread, things have been hectic over the last few months and I've had a bit of a change of heart about Illinc. I really did try to get past the usually limitations but our lack of funding and experience caught up with us and we decided to put Illinc on hold for a bit. Our current project is a bit more practical, a third person shooter focusing mainly on storyline. It will loosely tie into the Illinc storyline but in a fairly subtle way. When we do get back to Illinc we'll most likely be making it more of a large scale online game as opposed to a full mmo. The idea is that around 50 people would be able to share a world at one time, and if you wanted to co-op with your friends the option to join other worlds is there. We may expand that number, or make cities act as hubs which house a larger population then the rest of the game, or even work on a drop-in drop-out system.