1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing the Pit

Discussion in 'Ogres Hall' started by ogreman, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    OK, somebody went in today for no longer being active at all for weeks and yet continuing to bug me. That is not a very wise combination:).

To anybody wondering, The Pit can be used for a variety of things, but one use is for a type of purgatory where the member has another chance to get out. If they do not want to see it as a second chance and continue what put them there, the club will then take over.

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    OK, today we had somebody who was waiting in chat just to bug me about not responding to a PM right off. This person was not posting but wanted me to put something in the shop and then said it in a sarcastic way in chat. Nah, not going to put up with that.

Chat is meant as a good place for the community to communicate and have fun:). If it is used for something negative you can at least be thrown in the Pit since that will take chat away from you.

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ugh, if I tell somebody something via PM and then they just ignore it, they will at least get in the Pit. Most complain about it or do something silly and then get clubbed as a result. Only one or two have avoided that fate, but the best way to do if that happens is to be active again and climb out of the Pit yourself:).

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Had to do this again because somebody will not listen when I tell them stuff. Not going to name names, but not going to put up with bugging along with lack of activity. This person has been very demanding even when receiving Steam Games. They also argued during the forum problems and right when the forum moved. It has just got to a point where it is not worth even trying to work something out because they are not trying anymore just arguing despite being giving many chances. Now more arguing will lead to them being clubbed.

The moral of this story is not to keep arguing with an Ogre:).

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Got a more recent version of this and it was not a fun weekend as a result. Think it stemmed from the fact that he wanted a big game and to cash out and I caught this. In a nutshell, got novels of negative and insulting PMs from this person yet not a single post on the forum. Tried to move on at least three times, but he just had to take a club wielding Ogre to task lol. To make it even better, I got another member asking about it via PM. Well, I finally had to say enough with the PMs because that is all he was doing and threw him in the Pit. That said, he has one last chance this week to stay here and act right. If he cant post regular posts this week, will just go ahead and club him for behaving so badly via PM. There is no excuse for acting like that.

Ok, that is all I am saying on this matter:). Going to move on myself from this lol.

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, had to do club him because he tried something else after all. If anything, learned that this forum does not handle points the way the old one did.

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Keep in mind that the Pit is not always a punishment. Sometimes it is used to be safe as possible from potential blowing up without actually banning and can be very temporary.

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, had to use this again lately a few times. Just vanishing and letting an area go down as a result is also a good reason to land here. It also affects other members which many fail to realize.

Keep in mind that while everybody can vanish if they feel like it, the points can also vanish:). The points and shop are not a bank and this is not a "job". The points are being offered only to help the community and that means active members. If you are not here, how can you help the community? Thus, the Pit will be used since it is short of clubbing and there is no coming back from clubbing. Many have returned from the Pit:).

Rex likes this.
  9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, going to start clubbing points also when placing people in here unless it was not caused by misbehaving or breaking rules etc. The reason for this is because this forum software does not tie points to user groups, so I will have to do that manually. Then if/when they emerge from the Pit they will get their points back:).

Qsljic likes this.
  10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Doing a lot and getting a lot is good here, but some members need to be mindful of how they do that and how they slow down. Going from one extreme to the other almost overnight is a good way to find yourself in the Pit:).

If you have slow down, use good judgement instead of dropping everything all at once. If you are playing Ogre Wars, make sure to at least finish your battles. If you are a mod, contact me so just dont stay as a mod doing nothing. Those who don't seem to care about this after receiving many items from the shop, will be thrown in the Pit until they are active again.

11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    May actually have a positive use for the Pit finally:).

12. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Well, some previously clubbed members may get a second chance by starting back in the Pit. That way they are part of the forum again, but restricted enough to see how it goes first:).

Also, will start using this for Members who stop all activity and then want to suddenly buy multiple items in the shop etc to "cash out" nearly all of their points. Wasted a great deal of time via PM trying to avoid this over the years so its time to develop a better solution for this and the Pit could help with that.

13. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, bringing back the previously clubbed today:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.