1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Inventory or Bank space

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Makes me wonder if we ever get more bank quests to unlock another bank vault slot.

2. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Yea me too man its been a while since AE give us the free vault for every one, lets just hope that they make one so it can help a lot becauze AE keep makin more more more items but no free space or vault to all free players its the bad side :(

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Makes me wonder why they don't make inventory beyond it's finite boundary (not make it infinite, but in other words cap it at some insane number to give the illusion of endless inventory), or have it increase regularly after some progress in-game. I can see sort of two reasons, but I think there are ways around them.

First reason being that too many items ends up making searching for an item difficult, but that might not be a problem if a search bar exists; also make it so you can't have duplicates of the same item, so people don't flood their inventory with duplicate items they won't ever need.

Second reason, database space is expensive; I think this could be worked around by giving new players 10 space to begin with (instead of the full 60), and then offering a finite number of space (maybe 15) after completing every saga, which would be a lot more lenient. Otherwise, if every player had an arbitrary amount of inventory space, storage would be a problem in terms of costs. Also having regular character purging, like purging non-Guardian players that have been inactive for a year, could help with that case.

Overall, I think a lot could be improved with inventory, but I think AE's going to stick with monetizing bank storage just because it benefits them more. That's just the downside of free-to-play games... you play for free, but you pay for a better experience.

Torianna and xOwl like this.
  4. xOwl

xOwl Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The 2nd one is one of the best possible addition for inventory improvement having additional inventory spaces for every saga completed is genius since every saga/map have many cool items in it.

But totally agree after all running and making a game like AQ3D is still a business, we can't blame them if they want to use it for they're own benefit, I personally kinda understand it that in order for them to grow of course they need to fund it using its players. Lets just hope that when AE reach there certain goal, that they will listen and give its players the comfort of not being limited by paywall.

5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    If they were a bigger company with stocks and large investments, they probably wouldn't mind throwing in a lot more free options around since it's less risk, and it'd probably be beneficial towards attracting newcomers. When a game feels more "free-to-play", there's usually more potential customers; it mostly depends on the impact of the free feature. Usually indie companies have a budget, and a lot of indie companies overwork their employees just to get the finished product out there.

I'm inclined to believe that AE isn't financially suited for restructuring how the inventory system works (considering they're a small indie company with no stocks), as it'd be a huge gamble. If they sacrificed a paywall feature (e.g. limited bag space until you upgrade to Guardian or pay DCs for bank space to store items), they're sort of opening up a "Pandora's box"... they could potentially gain new players, but maybe not as much income as they'd expect. People won't have as much of an incentive to purchase Guardian or purchase DCs, if there's a free alternative available. And if they gain new players as a result of free stuff, they have to pay more for their servers, which might not be as viable, if there's not a lot of income. And if I had to guess, I'd say most of their income comes from players purchasing bank spaces.

6. xOwl

xOwl Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    This explanation needs to be known by so many players who always complain, we should also understand this part of the developers not only what they release, because most of complainants are those who are guardians who only pay once , and now thinking that they contributed alot for the company grow with that. I'm completely ok with features thats needs to be paid before we can enjoy it because it is basically a business. Out of 100% players lets say there are only about 60-70% who are Guardians and Dragon Guardians, and out of that 60-70% there are only 20-30% who can constantly purchasing DG for Bank Vaultd and Collection. I don't think that number of players paying isn't really enough in funding the entire company to still very functional as what other players always complain. Being simply grateful to what is being served to us isnt a hard thing todo, it is also a help for them to make good and bettet contents when they hear good and positive comments of they're hard work.

7. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well they did have some Kickstarters (the AQ3D Kickstarter, the Moglin Kickstarter, and their 8 bit game Kickstarter). I'm not sure how they divvied up the funds for the latter two, but I highly doubt that all of those funds were solely for making the plush and for making the cartridges (especially since people could order the "digital" packages without the plush or the cartridge, and production of plushes and cartridges tend to be cheaper than the marketed price due to outsourcing); the funds would most likely have gone to their main games to some extent.

But even with those three Kickstarters, they haven't solved much with financial stability, only prolonged their games' development. You even see other strategies being employed, like the two rock concert events (the one from around September and the one from this month) with $5 and $20 rare packages. For an MMORPG, they need to constantly be funded to keep the game around; otherwise, the game could get cancelled. Their older games don't really get updated as much, and games like HeroSmash and OverSoul are pretty much dead (they don't get updated at all, but the games are still there).

When you look at other video games (in general) campaigned via Kickstarter, some developers go through the hassle of creating a game only to cancel it due to lack of funding. Some developers will go underpaid (or even without pay) just to get the finished product out there, but sometimes they won't even find success in the long run, especially if they lack funding to market the product out there, but there are games that become major hits despite financial instability.

Back to AQ3D, I think the developers will need to brainstorm more ideas for their game to ensure its success, and the best approach is to make consumers feel like they need to spend money to fully enjoy content (but not too overzealous). I don't think collection packages is enough (since those packages are generally overpriced and it's more of whether you like it or not, wholly based on subjectivity), and I don't think 900 DCs for bank vault is enough even though it's probably the less intrusive option. Perhaps some sort of seasonal pass could work, but it depends on what exactly that pass would entail... they could create exclusive content (area, quests, items, etc.), but I think that could turn off all the free players since the game wouldn't feel necessarily like a free-to-play game, and having rare content (which a seasonal pass would imply) wouldn't be as resourceful (even though rare content is their biggest success in their other games). I don't think there's a true solution, but as for inventory and bank space, the way that's set up is better than anything else. At least we're not paying 200 DCs for only 1 space, or paying 4,900 DCs for an entire vault. Sure, other ways to gain space (like through game progression) would be nice, but I don't think any player can really expect anything better without understanding possible consequences of that idea, especially in the topic of commensalism where one party benefits (the players) but the other party doesn't (the company).

xOwl likes this.
  8. The Redael

The Redael Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Frankly speaking, I prefer extra slot in the bank about 120 would be perfect, taking advantage of this idea I also wanted an extra private safe to stay at home, it would be all good.

hfi likes this.
  9. hfi

hfi Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Yes bro that would be really helpful to everyone that has a financial problem to buy DCs before to get a huge inventory and to get new vaults cuz AE keep giving new items more more more but they dint know that the f2p has a big prolem about! FOR ME i think AE only prioritize the players that p2p cuz they just dont mind how the f2p suffer in getting new and deleting some old stuff to get a new one in that way it will also the one reason why some players has a gold problem because of that so sad to think about it but i think untill this year AE will not give another free vault to everyone :(

The Redael likes this.
  10. The Redael

The Redael Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Well AE does what most game developers do, it does invest in who invested in it, but I think Aq3d greatly reduces privileges compared to other Aq games.

For example, I bought the Dragon Guardian pack today I regret it, it's just a title and an extra badge.

hfi likes this.
  11. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That definitely happens in a lot of games regardless of whether it's a small indie company or a major company (though it's often more scummy when major companies do it in excess). You can sort of think of the Dragon Guardian package as the equivalent to "DLC" even though the only content you get are a few extra items. No matter what developers add (pay2win content, lootboxes, packages/DLCs that offer little content, etc.), people will continue playing whatever game anyway. Unless you're an already established company, it's hard to get a foothold in the gaming industry than it was 10 years ago or even 20 years ago due to more competition and more games being out there; you'll have to have micro-transactions or something to make a living off of in order to thrive.

hfi likes this.
  12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    You do get more more space per bank vault slot too which pretty much the best thing about Dragon Guardian pack and that's it. AQ3D doesn't really give that much for Guardians in the first place currently when it comes to privileges. Being a F2P MMORPG, they can't exactly go crazy with the privileges either.

13. Torianna

Torianna Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I would like for them to make crafting materials like the pets and morphs where they don't take up space in your inventory. Thus giving me more space in both places. It would be nice to be able to pull out the about 225 items I have just sitting in crafting.

14. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Wouldn't necessarily say that it reduces privileges compared to their other games. Their single player games seem to do it less since you don't have the same social interaction like in their MMORPGs that really spark bragging and showing off what players paid for. And if we're just going by MMORPGs alone, I think HeroSmash is better at reducing it since paid features aren't as significant in that game.

15. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Herosmash is pretty much in a limbo currently so it's not surprising that it makes you feel that you are paying for so little.

16. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I would personally prefer having extra bank space to inventory space because i dont feel the lack of storage in my inventory and it is always well managed with atleast 30 free slots.

17. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I disagree, especially after the recent concert. When I have items in my bank, I have no way of checking if I'm about to pick up duplicate items. When the items are already in my inventory, I can use the search bar in my bag to see if the loot item exists in my inventory already, but I can't do that if I own the item in my bank. And if I have to check if I own any duplicates in my bank, I might have to check each bank vault, which is already annoying enough. The concert was probably the worse for inventory management, because you had well over 30 items from that concert, and it would be easy to pick up duplicate items (since the game has no way to giving you any indication of whether you already own the item or not).

I'd much rather have 200 inventory spaces, or a better system that'll prevent players from picking up duplicate items that they don't need.

Xctroy likes this.
  18. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That makes sense yeah, they should probably give players a choice to filter duplicates or something. This wasn't really a problem for me tho because I had a list which i simultaneously updated with each drop i got so i knew i wasnt collecting extra stuff. But you do make a good point and i see how extra inventory could be more useful to players.
    I usually dump my stuff in organised vaults (20) and prefer keeping an empty bag so I would still like the bank space.
    Also been high time i think the free players deserve another vault with all the new filler items added or the concerts that have been going on, but some extra inventory space with that would sure be helpful too.

19. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think extra inventory space is important, also because it's hard to manage items with the limited space that you have, even after you've moved items to your bank to free up some space. The problem mainly affects free players since they have less space than paid players. For instance, having a stats set (about 9 items) and a cosmetic set (9 items as well) already takes up 18 spaces which is already over 1/3 of the inventory of free players. And they might have to frequently take items out of the bank to put it back in their inventory, and vice-versa, if they are really at the brim of the limit which is very inconvenient.

Bank vaults isn't much of a problem though, and free players could benefit from it just from earning DCs from ads and daily chests. You spend 900 DCs to add a bank slot, but there's no way of spending DCs to increase your inventory space, which is the real issue. You pretty much have to become a Guardian for the extra inventory space, but even that extra inventory space isn't enough for some players. I personally find it annoying to have a restriction of 100 spaces and having to constantly rearrange or delete things, and I'd much prefer the option to increase my inventory space.

Xctroy likes this.
  20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AE really hasn't touched inventory space besides a few times by increasing it. It's kinda surprising that they haven't pushed it any further.