1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

League of Legends Top Lane discussion

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by baki00, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Xicor97

Xicor97 Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I recomend you pool party :D its kinda better to me ..

2. BabaDeda

BabaDeda MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Renkton is blalb novi heroj uvekVery good cahmpion dosada i s better nikad vise play on top. Pool party is bad skin,use druge ksiniovs "D

3. Sle91

Sle91 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Only English on forum pls. :)

4. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    These days I'm mostly playing Volibear, Mundo and Yorick on top. All 3 have insane amount of damage and sustain aswell, but between those 3 I like playing Volibear the most. ^^ His W (bite) is too strong.

5. Nikiss999

Nikiss999 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    There is a lot good top laners. My favourite are shyvana, tryndamere, jax, ryze, warwick and kayle. And one thing more that most of you will think that is troll. Taric top is too much strong. My build for taric top is: i first rush a tear while starting with cloth and 4 red and 1 blue pot. You want to get manamune as soon as possible. After that you rush iceborn gauntlet. These two items are your core. After that you build full tank.
    Try it out it is a lot of fun!
    Don`t think that people are trolling if they take something weird.
    :)

6. Ace D

Ace D MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    nasus renekton jax ... best top laners for me

7. Prawer

Prawer Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Let's speak about top lane :)

Who do you think that he is best top laner (champion)
    I prefer Mundo :smash: [​IMG]
    Rumble :D
    Lissandra :) lot of you will say ''But Lissandra is mid lane'' but she is very strong top laner
    Renekton
    And finally GNAR :D [​IMG]

8. Korleone

Korleone Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Irelia and Nasus can rule top lane, they can easy cs with abilities

9. Extreme9898

Extreme9898 MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Best top laners in this patch 5.3 are:
    1.Rumble
    2.Irelia
    3.Lissandra
    4.Maokai
    5.Gnar
    and Rene is good too, but he is out from META
    Ofc... GOOD Nasus(King on Top lane) carry late game.

10. Prawer

Credit:
    sOAZ and Dyrus are best top lane players but champions Dr.Mudno (out of meta :( ) Fiora,Gnar,Darius,Lissandra,Nasus,Renekton,Lulu... Yes Lulu veeeery strong top lane try it ;)

11. amar95

amar95 BamBam

Credit:
    As a Volibear player i love to see Renekton (i play rly agresive )
    And as a the meta with teleport no ignite is op for me, but if a Renekton picks ignite i have a tp advantage.

For me Gnar is the most op, and yes he is nerfed but a bit and his ult is the only thing.
    So from me go with Gnar in tf you can pick 3 guys and eat them alive with not problem.

Main Top lane and over 1 k games with Voli, just my expirence

12. akismor30

akismor30 Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Renektor have op dmg,shy is not dat good,cuz have so much better op laners than she

13. The BestVayne EU

The BestVayne EU Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Shyvana is better then renekton have more massive damage... :D

14. Hobbit123

Hobbit123 MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    What is the best meta for top right now ?

Im wondering what champ to buy

15. Prawer

Credit:
    Lissandra
    Gnar
    Azir
    Fiora
    Darius
    Renekton
    Jax

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
  16. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Renekton, Riven and Irelia. Trust me. I know.

17. Prawer

Credit:
    renekton is really good and pool party for me :p try Fiora and Lissandra they both are really good

18. LosmiK

LosmiK Mr. LosmiK Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    [​IMG]

Dark Horses: Top Lane Urgot

Urgot went through the river to the top lane.

In the previous Dark Horses we saw some champions paving their path through the jungle, and others making an appearance in the bot lane. Now it’s time to go to the top and bomb your enemies with poison and rockets and strategize into the late game.

Understading Urgot’s potential as a top laner.

Urgot has a really high synergy within his abilities as they all complement each other. If the Noxian Corrosive Charge (his E) hits its target, his Q, usually a skillshot, will lock onto them and will hit’em automatically, and if he pops his W, a slow will be applied on top of that. At level 6 he is able to swap positions with his enemy using his ultimate, this also gives Urgot a considerable amount of Magic Resist and Armor making it possible to trade damage really well. His skills are also very low mana cost-effective, with his Q being really useful to farm safely from a distance as it replenishes half of the mana used when you last hit a minion with it. This makes harassment and bullying in lane easy for Urgot.

Trading Potential against other champions.

Urgot has the power to peel his enemies during the laning phase, his passive also helps by reducing the damage dealt by enemies by 15% making it harder for him to farm. When facing melee champions Urgot can become a big bully by using his combo (W+E+Q+Q), and his shield will also give him the necessary resistance for trading damage safely. Urgot is especially strong against squishy targets, and his ultimate can put an enemy under an ally tower or make a gank easier for your jungler.

When do I pick Urgot top?

As stated before, Urgot is especially strong against squishy or melee enemies. Urgot can deny farm and experience, and considering his peeling in early levels, he can do an all-in trade at level 3-4 due to his high damage, or at level 6 when his ult will grant him the necessary resistance to engage. Using Spells such as Ghost and Flash helps Urgot to reach his targets, this is a tough choice between Ignite or Teleport, but if your team strategy is to team fight this can help to start fights and pick-offs. If your team plans to become aggressive, you'd rather use spells like ghost and flash instead of Ignite or Teleport. Speaking of teams, it's really important to be aligned with your team before starting a teamfight.

Making Urgot toughter.

Even though Urgot is an excelent bully, he needs some offensive items to really make a difference in the mid-game scenario – he definitely needs Armor Pen / Damage items to make a difference. Considering his last changes, Manamune/Muramana can give you the power you need and also improve the power of your shield. Black Cleaver also helps a lot by granting you Armor Pen and CDR, allowing you to spam abilities to do a nice amount of damage. In mid-game his powerspike starts to decline and he becomes kinda fragile, so in order to stay relevant and prepare engages using his ult, defensive build is highly recommended, items like Randuins / Frozen Heart to help Urgot engage / disengage and kite, or even a Sunfire Cape or Spirit Visage. Depending on the enemies main source of damage, this is can be a really safe call in order to keep Urgot alive.

Breaking Urgot legs, or claws.. or whatever that is.

Lack of sustain in the laning phase.

Even though he is really mana-efficient and his shield can deny tons of damage, if he loses too much health it will be really hard to stay in the lane because none of his abilities will help him out there.

Lack of movement speed

Urgot also has limited mobility, making him an easy target for ganks or hard-engages. His level 6 ult also has a short range – making it harder to follow up on team fights or pick offs if his Flash or Ghost are down.

Crucial need of the right team comp.

Urgot needs the right team composition in order to succeed. He needs a team that can’t aid him in getting to the enemies faster or that can follow up on his engages like Morgana, Zyra, Annie, Syndra and Lissandra, or poking comps like Xerath, Caitlyn, Zilean and Janna.

Source

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. axwellshm

axwellshm Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    Thanks for info, i think that urgot won't be played on top, unless someone starts playing him on LCS. How much he get buffed, he will never been played to much.

20. LosmiK

LosmiK Mr. LosmiK Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    For me it's not bad, but it also has a lot of good champions who could against him :)