1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Heroes Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by Nowuknow25, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Ceebass

Ceebass Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I posted a comment on the free random hero thread and it was removed :(... all I commented on was why Jean Grey is my favorite hero in the game. I just wanted to get a free hero but I'm guessing since my post was removed I won't?? If anyone can let me know why my post was removed that would be nice. Or if anyone has an extra free hero code that would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks

2. Ragosha

Ragosha Ogre Newling

Credit:
    You should try a Moon Knight, he's not totally a tank (no taunt, weak itemization), but he's passive make him unstoppable;)

3. fabricioribas

fabricioribas Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I have some heroes, but my main is The Thing... even for an initial char, he has nice gameplay, and i have some fun playing a "tank" char.

4. subydude

subydude Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I just started loki I got him to lvl 10 so far and he seems very good I like the distractions ability gives you space between mobs I have only ever played melee guys. The games very fun they just need to fix the optimization to get Fps up.

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, the Giveaway is officially over for now. However, we should have more in the future:). Overall, consider it a success despite being one of the most tiring giveaways we have ever had. There was also a lot more "sour grapes" type messages than remember from previous ones. However, the good still outweighed the bad:). Many wrote great articles and reviews and we're appreciative. Was much better than just asking for a key and never posting again as most often do. The game also helped to make this one special:). Will still be playing it by the time the next giveaway comes around.

6. the_dude88

the_dude88 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My fav toon on Marvel heroes is NIGHTCRAWLER sooo freaking awesome...Glad they added him,

7. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Nightcrawler is one of my favorites in the comics and on TV, he's neat.

8. viktorius22

viktorius22 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    It's great game , especially for the superhero lovers :)

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Who is playing the new update?

10. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Its on my list ... i want to play it ..
    but I dont have so much time for games ...
    But winter is coming and i think that I will play it ..

11. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Oh...It is nice game i like the Marvel Guys and their powers. Specially X-Men and Hulk.

12. kiki2204

kiki2204 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    If u like marvel heroes and games u should definetly try out Marvel:Avengers Alliance on facebook realy good game i play it every day :)

13. burikito

burikito Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    hmm im currently testing the game..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  14. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Is it worth to start playing this ?

15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
  16. Aaddron

Credit:
    Playing this a little bit again today, it looks like some improvements were made to optimization as the game runs a bit better now. It's kinda Diablo Marvel... it's pretty cool. :)

17. paksupro4

paksupro4 Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i played it on my friends computer and i think its great ... but i dont have configuration to play it on my comp :(

18. Aaddron

Credit:
    It's very unoptimized, it needs a lot of work in that department. I mean even decent computers will run it well but anything old will completely choke. It not like it's all the great graphically either... I think they missed a chance here to make it super accessible.

It's hard to complain about it in official areas either because you'll be completely out voiced by elitist jerks with supercomputers saying "it runs fine here!" well no duh... but it shouldn't take a octa core processor, triple graphics card and 16gb of ram to run smooth x.x

It's a pretty fun loot driven game though.

19. Aaddron

Credit:
    So a little bit of backstory learned yesterday. Gazillion Entertainment's CEO is David Brevik. They brought him on as creative director and after changes in the company he moved his way up the line to CEO now. Brevik along with Erich and Max Schaefer created Diablo 1 and 2. They were the original 3 founding members, Brevik was the coder and actually coded and was the first to play Diablo as we know it today.

It's not hard at all to see the similarities between Marvel Heroes and Diablo 1/2. It's clear Brevik leaned heavily on past experience for the bases of this game and for good reason, Diablo 1/2 worked really well. It's interesting to see how these 3 keep putting out ARPG hits, Max and Erich moved on to Runic and did Torchlight 1&2.

I've said many times including just recently in this thread that it feels like Diablo Marvel and well now I know it's for very good reason, this isn't simply a copy of Diablo. This game was literally designed by the original programmer of Diablo. I really like what they've done and were they are going with the game. I think this one may have a good future.

20. Aaddron

Credit:
    Funny thing learned yesterday... the game runs better on higher graphics settings. It makes no sense at all but seriously, bumping up the graphics improved performance.